Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I was applying some spit and polish to the ol' girl this aft, I noticed the left hand mirror was coming loose from its mooring. Now I know why that mirror vibrated pretty bad.

Anyway..does anyone know if something is broken to cause this,or is it a simple repair? I ve never had the mirrors off,I ve only had this rig for a month.

Attached is a pic of the culprit in question.

Thanks,eh?

Brad

Attachments

·
Still Learning
13,274 Posts
Brad
There is 3 Phillips head screws that hold the mirror to the fairing behind the black rubber cover between the mirror and fairing, just pull it back and fold towards the mirror from the red trim piece at fairing.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Brad
There is 3 Phillips head screws that hold the mirror to the fairing behind the black rubber cover between the mirror and fairing, just pull it back and fold towards the mirror from the red trim piece at fairing.
Thanks! I found that there are 3 screws holding the mirror onto the motorcycle, and 3 more holding the mirror onto the pivot piece. The ones holding the mirror to the pivot were the ones that were loose. Also, the lower trim clip was rather smashed flat, so I rebent it and the trim fits great now.

·
Still Learning
13,274 Posts
Good job :claps:

·
Token Canuk
8,236 Posts
Just a personal note,I replaced those phillips screws with hex head allen screws, I find them much easier to manipulate. Actually most of the phillips screws on my bike have now been replaced :waving:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.