Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

my 96gl1500se onboard compressor will no longer increase pressure to rear shock,the relay seems to work and fuses are ok, but no response when I press increase.

·
Premium Member
571 Posts
imported post

kyace - are you referring to the compressor kicking on or just no increase in the reading while the compressor is running?

I believe there is an air filter for the compressor. Someone with a 1500 shop manual will have to tell you how to check or replace it.

Good luck!

Daveo

·
Premium Member
1,437 Posts
imported post

If your compressor is function, did you happen to test out and attach the tire air hose?

If so and the hose is left on,the shocks will not increase pressure since the system is open. In this case, the hose would have to be removed.

·
Senior Guru
4,293 Posts
imported post

Most of the time it's the control switches. They oxidize, and no contactie!! I have diligently taken them apart, and clean the contacts with rough paper. Not sandpaper, but just paper. A fingernail file will work, but only drag it backwards maybe twice. That silver is very thin. Occasionaly, rapid switch operation for 100 times might clear oxidization. (desperate measure) Physically clean it is the best, or replace it.

You might fetch the online manual, and find the schematic for that switch, and figure out how to resistance test it, or use a powered test light.

The next thing would be a burned up, dirty motor, or bad connections somewhere.

Good luck

·
Premium Member
61,519 Posts
imported post

If the compressor runs using the switch that works the air hose [For pumping up tires] and you have air pressure at that point the compressor is working.. If using the increase switch isn't getting air to the shock it could be a cracked or broken hose.. Or if you're lucky a lose connection....

·
Premium Member
606 Posts
imported post

Had the same problem with my 99' 1500SE this summer while we were on vacation. Found out that the air line was leaking at the fitting that the auxiliary hose screws onto. Cut the fitting off, replaced and reclamped and everything is fine.

Cobra

:15grey:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.