Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wanting to buy a used 97, 1500 OEM seat. Does not need to be in great shape. I am going to have it completely re covered.

·
Banned
4,568 Posts
iirc Honda lowered the seat foam by an inch after 94
Russell Seat adds 1.5 inches to height on my 94, have stretch the hips before boarding!

Still need video of Johns special mount/dismount with backrest in place- would you please John!

·
Premium Member
3,484 Posts
I'll have to think on this as have a near new '97 seat with near new Utopia back rest .... took off for Corbin. Plan was to keep "on hand".

·
Administrator
58,190 Posts
iirc Honda lowered the seat foam by an inch after 94
Russell Seat adds 1.5 inches to height on my 94, have stretch the hips before boarding!

Still need video of Johns special mount/dismount with backrest in place- would you please John!

Easy Peasy,

bike on center stand, left foot on passenger footrest, and swing your leg up and over, with the backrest folded down

·
Banned
4,568 Posts
Does your backrest fold backwards?

I have difficulty getting the bike on centerstand- R shoulder injury, so its side mount- often from Right side for me
Yeas I know the R is higher, and that hips rotation isnt great, but you do what ya gotta do to ride!

·
Premium Member
5,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
'97 thru '00 are all the same,

and the baseplate is the same for '90 thru '00 as far as I know.

but, I will say, that when I bought a '97 OEM seat brand new, it sure was a lot lower than the old '94SE seat that was on the bike.

John I guess you know why i am doing this...LOL My wife will get upset for spending the $$ and i am going to tell her its your fault. :grin3:

·
(Rick Sheeley GWRRA)
659 Posts
I have an extra GL1500 seat here in VA. Give me a call 4343279534..

RIck/KG

·
(Rick Sheeley GWRRA)
659 Posts
Hey here' the pics I promised from earlier.....

RIck

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hey here' the pics I promised from earlier.....

RIck
Thanks Rick. I plan on sending it in to Russell day long and having a custom seat made for me. Going to run around 800 bucks, but I hear they cannot be beat.
Any idea what you want for it?

·
Premium Member
3,484 Posts
That is a Utopia backrest on the seat just shown.
Yep .... looks exactly like mine as well.

If it wasn't such a nice seat (even though the rain cover is missing.) I'd let go of it fast enough (if something were to happen to my Corbin, I'd likely as not put it back on.) .... I got rid of OEM GL1200 and the Hatco GL1500 seats long ago, they was horrible so I pitched them. Kept Wingleader back rest for 1200 for a buddy.
:wink2:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.