Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to downgrade to something more around town and possible dual sport so my wing has to go to make room for something new. 1997 GL1500 SE with 69K miles. Owned it for a year and a half and it has been good to me. All maintenance performed by me which includes all fluids changed...Brake fluid, clutch fluid, oil, rear differential fluid, fork oil, shock oil, drive shaft regressed, coolant, all changed. Timing belts changed at 68000 miles. Tires in great shape, rear has 2k miles, front 7k miles, runs great. Add ons include Vstream shield and a corbin seat with driver backrest.

Currently listed on Craigslist in my home area of Kissimme, Florida.

Asking $5900 US. Cash deal in person only. Any questions, feel free to PM me.

Thanks
Cory

·
Premium Member
4,010 Posts
nice bike, that should be sold fast. great price

·
Premium Member
6,319 Posts
Beautiful bike, hope it sells fast for you.
I'm not really looking to buy one myself right now, though I am always looking.

I did not see any contact info in the listing on CL though and just so you know many people like me simply will not send e-mails through CL. to so that may turn away a few good buyers.
You could grab a toss away NET10 prepaid cellphone to use for a listing for $30, free phone, 300 minutes airtime, 60 days of service. That way you could post contact info without giving scammers your real number, just toss it when done with it.
I use those for my cell service.

Also just so you know, there was a listing for a bike very much like yours as a scam very recently. I sent a mail from my junk mail box and in reply was told she just got a divorce and moved to Florida, the bike was already crated up and ready to ship sitting at a shipper of course where she had moved from. LOL

·
Premium Member
6,132 Posts
That is a nice bike, I had seen it on CL and had it on my radar

·
Premium Member
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, contact info on Craigslist only brings scams. I had it on there and had about 20 scam replies come through. People can email through the craigslist link which is what craigslist actually recommends to avoid scams. If that turns away a few buyers, I guess that is the price I pay. Not going through the hassle of a burner phone to avoid that.

This sale will be a face to face sale to avoid any scams. No shipping the bike or taking a deposit (unless in person). I have a clear title in hand.

Had a few local low ball offers and one person actually come look at it. I think my price is fair and priced to sell.

Appreciate the tips!

·
Premium Member
6,319 Posts
Oh ya, if I wanted another 1500 and was closer I'd probably look it over since your a fellow forum member and I see it here.
But I'd just pass it over and go on to the next one if it was just something I seen on CL and no contact info.

E-mails through Craigs does stop scams, only gives the scammers you e-mail address
if your the buyer!
That's why I also use a garbage free e-mail address if I ever check an item that I have to e-mail through CL like that scam I mentioned.
For the price and supposed to not be far, I just HAD to make sure I was correct with my guess it was a scam LOL

·
Premium Member
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh ya, if I wanted another 1500 and was closer I'd probably look it over since your a fellow forum member and I see it here.
But I'd just pass it over and go on to the next one if it was just something I seen on CL and no contact info.

E-mails through Craigs does stop scams, only gives the scammers you e-mail address
if your the buyer!
That's why I also use a garbage free e-mail address if I ever check an item that I have to e-mail through CL like that scam I mentioned.
For the price and supposed to not be far, I just HAD to make sure I was correct with my guess it was a scam LOL
How so? Unless scammers hacked the CL servers, I dont see this happening. IMO, scams are easy to pick out. When I am shopping on CL for items, If I really want something, I will email through CL and deal with the possible scammers. It has never deterred me before. I guess thats the price to pay for free.

·
Premium Member
6,183 Posts
I have the same bike, and the official name of the color is Pearl Sapphire Black. A very, very dark blue metallic. It was the the only year they used that color.

·
Lets just ride
98 Posts
I'm the same way ,, if a CL listing doesn't have direct information to contact the seller ,,, right on by I go ,,,,,But just my 2 cents LOL !

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
This sale will be a face to face sale to avoid any scams. No shipping the bike or taking a deposit (unless in person). I have a clear title in hand.

Had a few local low ball offers and one person actually come look at it. I think my price is fair and priced to sell.

Appreciate the tips!
There is a very simple way to deal with long distance transactions. Go to your bank and set up a 'burner account' It is totally separate from any other financial dealings you may do with the bank. Have the buyer do a bank-to-bank transfer of funds to that account and when the bank tells you that all transactions are complete move the money into your other account. The new owner is welcome to come get the bike or even have it shipped. You've got the cash. Risk is on his end that you're an honest guy.

I have purchased bikes in the USA this way on numerous occasions and each time the bank manager has told the seller its a great idea and very secure. And the bank-to-bank transfer does not allow for funds to be withdrawn by the buyer. Much more secure than wiring or any other method.

As a matter of fact, I'm going to pick up a Valk on the weekend that I purchased exactly in this manner. Seller was leery until he went to the bank and was assured that it would work and he assumed no risk. I, of course, did my homework and investigated the bike and had a local go check it out for me.

A lot more potential buyers out there if you just take the right precautions.

And that is a nice bike. Got one just like it and no intention of parting with it anytime soon.

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts
based on your comments about downsizing, a Wee Strom (suzuki dl650) would be a good call.

I have one for sale, but at opposite corners of the country thats not likely. I just know its a great bike for what you describe...

·
Premium Member
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Maybe I will look into long distance selling if this doesn't sell locally in the next couple weeks. In no hurry to sell. I have some time on my side.

For the downsizing bit, I have a triumph 800xc in mind. Wee storm is too small.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.