Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

just looking for some opions on a 9 gl 1500 SE,

1. Who makes a good speaker replacement for the front and back speakers, dont need tons of wattage just a good clear sound for classic rock/Country

2. does everyone seem to have good luck with J&M headsets ??

3. how well do the FM Modualed CD changers work on a wing??

4. would XM radio be a better choice than a CD changer

Wife and I usally crusie alone, we are in west oklahoma and the FM stations are scarse. we both wear open face helemts but this bike didnt have any headsets or cords when i bought it so im looking into those.

Thanks in advance

Troy

·
The Irish Crew
3,932 Posts
imported post

Hi Troy. Polks are supposed to be about the best. You will never get perfection from 4" speakers but all the reviews on Polks are good ones.

The wingnut has pictures somewhere else on the site about the Sony 10 disc changer he had on his GL1100 & all his GL1500s. It was an FM type. I´ve actually seen it on his 97 and the sound was super. He had it assigned to I think 89.1 FM. He also fited car tweeters to the little blanks under the fornt speakers and it made a big difference to the sound. I always wonderec why Honda left the space for tweeters but didin´t sell tweeers themselves.

Opnions on the JMs vary, but genreally agreed that for the money, you can buy beter. Edsets are popular and don´t have as much noise as JMs.

I´d be more inclined to fit an MP3 player instead of a CD these days. As the bike already has a radio, an MP3 would be better for me thatn another radio, even an XM.

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
imported post

1 - Polk speakers are good without spending lots of money...
2 - J&M are OK and we used them for 10's of thousands of miles, but Air Riders are much better overall, IMHO...
3 - No experience with CD changers since we have XM
4 - XM is great for our use....We hooked up the Roady 2 (it has an FM demod built in) and enjoy it everywhere we travel....No lost or fading signals, no noise.....There can be dropouts due to weather and terrain but that's rare....

Hope this helps you in choosing....

·
Premium Member
303 Posts
imported post

Tony,

I have the same bike, use an IPod with FM Transmitter and love it. Way cheaper than CD, don't have monthly cost as with XM, just the exact music I like.

My money went to the IPod

Good luck, Rick

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
imported post

no probs with my JM sets. I love them. Also XM radio is great in my car, however dont have it on the bike. Maybe a future investment.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.