Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

Howdy Gang!

Have a burned out constant on driving/cornering light on my '98 Canadian model 1500.
It is an 18 watt dual filament bulb used in a single filament burning application (seems strange to me too!). While I have discovered that by bridging/soldering the two contacts together I can now use the remaining, previously unused filament, I anticipate needing a replacement(s) in the future.

Here in Canada, Honda wishes to extort $33.95 ( $37.00 with the dreaded Fed/Prov. taxes) for this particular bulb which is simply unavailable anywhere else. Anybody got any suggestions for another source, auto part #, etc.?

Cheers!

T.

·
Administrator
Piaggio MP3, was 02 GL1800
61,673 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,813 Posts
imported post

AZgl1500 wrote:
DBohrer wrote:
AZgl1500, this is the one he needs for the 1998 Gold Wing.

http://www.cyclemaxohio.com/inc/sdetail/4860
Yup, same as the 2nd one I listed for him. I just didn't know which year they switched over.

Good to let him know in advance so he can order the right one.
The change occurred in 1998. The "applicable years" are listed with the bulb details. Yup.....it's in the fine print............!

Price: $6.00

Item: B10-2595 Show Chrome

Details: This is a halogen replacement driving light bulb. This is designed to replace the bulb in the lower cowl driving lights, part # B52-595. This is also a direct replacement for the lower cowl lights on all 1998-2000 SE model 1500 Goldwings.

·
Premium Member
4,608 Posts
imported post

Now you can get that second fiament to work, they only used one of the two filaments. I replaced mine, but took an old one and tried the fix, and it DOES work! I have part numbers if you need them, but the second filament deal is a good fix, and is free! Don't know why it uses only one filament. I guess it is something to do with the conversion to constant on, and the socket only would accept this type of bulb. Kinda stupid, but oh well. You can remove the locating tab on the base of the bulb, or, as I did, solder a jumper to the second filament, and it works perfectly! jimsjinx

·
Premium Member
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
imported post

Thanks to all for your help. Found the bulb I needed @ Cyclemax, who turned out to be awesome to deal with as well.

Cheers!

T.

·
Premium Member
437 Posts
imported post

Mine blow regularly too :(
I bought a whole pack from my local shop!

I'll definitely try the solder mod - does it make the buld last any longer?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.