Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

I know some of you are as wierd as I am so-------will the six carb set from a Valkyrie fit a 1500 Goldwing. I assume there may be some fairing clearance issues but other than that are there any problems?

·
Premium Member
1,631 Posts
imported post

Balancing 6 carbs can be a pain in the a$$.

·
Premium Member
2,919 Posts
imported post

Dark side indeed. As much as I've always thought of the Valk as the ultimate cruiser, the whole 6 carb thing has always been kind of a turn-off for me.

If you do it - give me the leftover Valk, and the 'Wing duals . . . . . I have an idea. :)

·
Premium Member
4,379 Posts
imported post

i have a friend who has a valk, the throttle response is very very aggressive, i wonder what else you will need to swap

·
Premium Member
14,148 Posts
imported post

I don't know if they would fit. Are the two bikes equipped with the same frame?

On the 1500 wing, the 2 carbs fit between the two frame rails and there isn't any spare room there.

I assume that with the 6 carbs the intake manifolds would be completely eliminated, so the carbs would fit under the frame rails, but will they fit there?

·
Premium Member
12,868 Posts
imported post

William_86 wrote:
i have a friend who has a valk, the throttle response is very very aggressive, i wonder what else you will need to swap
I am sure the cams are more agressive as well and probably some ignition timing curves changed .

I would surely like to give a whirl myself . Of course I would expect smiles per mile to be higher than miles per gallon . :cheeky1:

·
Premium Member
389 Posts
imported post

I have always wanted the Valk chrome exhaust, if you have a set laying around, wahoo.

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
imported post

The Valk cams are different. That's not to say the carbs won't fit or work, but the running might not be what you expect and it might be more trouble than it's worth.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.