Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

OK, so I've searched the boards and tried most of the possiblities I've run across and am getting a little frustrated :-( My Dad has a 1998 Aspencade and the battery died at a friends house. Without thinking they hooked it to a quick charger and that was the last time the radio has worked... No diplay on the dash and the only response from it is it will still eject a tape.

So an obvious potential source of the problem would be fuses, yes? But based on possibilities I found on the boards and Google I've pulled the radio - no fuses underneath... I've pulled the fuse block and can find no fuses behind it... I've pulled some of the fairing on the side in an attempt to locate any fuses behind the turn signal with no luck. In this last place - behind the turn signal - it's entirely possible there are some there and I just haven't gotten deep enough to find them yet. The other locations I'm pretty sure are fuse free.

So my question is this. Can someone tell me definitivly where the fuses are on this particular bike??? Am I missing something - maybe they're under the tape and I'm just not feeling them?? I'm getting tired of the guessing game and don't really want to have to pull any more plastic unnecessarily. Heck, I can't even figure out how MANY fuses I should be looking for, much less where the little buggers might be hiding. ANY guidance would be greatly appreciated!!

·
Token Canuk
8,236 Posts
imported post

On my (oops sorry -WELCOME to the site) '96 there is a fuse block behind the L Side bag, at the bottom there is a 5 A fuse that controls the memory & display .for the radio. You almost have to remove the side bag to get the cover off the block, it's right beside the main fuse block. Goods luck & hope it helps. :waving::action::action:

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

WOW - appreciate the quick response!! I'd read that possiblity in another post and the user had indicated that he could on his specific year get to this fuse bypulling the fuse block out. Was hoping that to the be the same on my Dad's ride but although I've gotten the fuse block loose I can't actually get it out and have only been able to move it around and fish a bit without success. Trying my darndest to be lazy and not have to pull the saddle bag but may just have to do that tomorrow.

Thanks again!!

http://www.goldwingfacts.com/forums/view_topic.php?id=46334&forum_id=1&highlight=radio+fuse+saddle+bag

·
Premium Member
10,276 Posts
imported post

Let us know, if that worked. :waving:

·
Premium Member
61,413 Posts
imported post

Isn't there a bolt or nut on top of the fuse holder ??
Seems to me I took off a nut holding the complete fuse compartment and was able to twist the holder to one side and to get to the fuses.. This was on a 93 Asp..........

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

A bolt at the top and the bottom of the fuse block. I've pulled them both and have twisted & pulled on the block to both see and feel behind & around it with no luck. I was working after dark under porch lighting and with a drop light so could have missed it though. I'll be back over there this afternoon and that will be the first place I revisit!

Still trying to avoid pulling the saddle bag if possible, especially if I can't determine first if there is for sure a fuse back there. My Dad has added an aftermarket trike kit and that I suspect will only complicate the task.

Thanks for the help!

·
Token Canuk
8,236 Posts
imported post

On mine, you can see the fuse block to the right of the main block & it's next to impossible to get the cover off without at least loosening the side bag, Does the trike conversion effect the side bad removal?

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

Well I'm not entirely sure as I haven't even started looking at what's involved in that to be honest. I do know that the kit prevents fully opening the bags (in fact hinders their use quite a bit) so I suspect it'll come into play as well if I have to pull the left one.

·
Token Canuk
8,236 Posts
imported post

Well - good luck, when you have a moment, update your profile with your location, you might have a member close by to help. :waving:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.