Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

My 1500 has clocked 100K and I would like to replace the rear wheel bearings.
Does anyone have part numbers for the after market equivalent as I don't like paying inflated Honda prices.

Here's hoping

Paddy

·
Premium Member
2,642 Posts
imported post

Try these guys http://www.allballsracing.com/

Also look on e-bay as there are several folksthere that sell these bearings.

Also look here http://goldwingfacts.com/forums/forum9/22913.html

from the above link

Bearings

GL1500 Rear Wheel (6204RS (driveshaft side) and 6304RS (disc side)
GL1500 Front wheel Koyo 28-6302 or equivalent (usually 6302RS)
GL1500 Alternator Bearings NSK 6000DU

·
Just another ORF!
8,189 Posts
imported post

1st off .... Welcome to the Forum, Paddy!! :waving:

All Balls Racing makes quality, inexpensive replacement bearing kits.

The kit for the rear wheel are stock item # 25-1020 - and retailsfor $29.11US

The complete kit for the front is stock item # 25-1077 - and retails for $17.41US

There are two UK Distributors listed:

Off Road Only Ltd

Apico International

Dusty

·
Premium Member
1,851 Posts
imported post

When my `98 S.E. turned 100K I simply put another rear wheel from a triked `98 that only had 7,000 miles on it when done. New wheel bearings, brake rotor, and the rubber dampners. A lot easier.
Tom Bishop

·
Premium Member
275 Posts
imported post

Because of the inner spacer (between the bearings) the bearings can be tough to get out. A "blind bearing puller" is usually required. It's sometimes possible to get a big screwdriver down in there and just catch enough of the inner race of the far side bearing to get some purchase and beat it out (carefully and evenly).
You can make a blind bearing puller by cutting a slot in the end of a steel rod (or a bolt) that is near the diameter of the axle. The slot should be about 25mm long down the length of the rod/bolt. Slip the slotted bolt in from the far side, and with the other end of the bolt/rod resting on concrete - beat a screwdriver down into the slot to spread the bolt and mash it into the inner bearing race. Then pick the wheel up and beat on the screwdriver some more to drive the bearing out. Once the first one is out the other one isn't an issue becaue the spacer falls out.

You can also use an expandable floor anchor instead of a slotted bolt. Tighten the anchor in the bearing and then beat it out from the farside.

Make sure the bearings come out square and that the new ones go in square. The aluminum housing is soft.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.