Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

Hey gang,

We are putting on new tires tomorrow and was wondering how big a job it is to grease the upper end of the drive shaft. She has 44k miles and I am sure it has never been looked at.

I have a Clymer manual, how good are the instructions? How long should it take on average? Any special tools needed?

Thanks in advance
Toy4Rick

·
The Irish Crew
3,932 Posts
imported post

With the wheel off you just unbolt the drive and pull it completely out with the driveshaft. The article on swingarm replacement covers this, and can be found in the bikers workshop part of the site.

·
Administrator
Piaggio MP3, was 02 GL1800
61,854 Posts
imported post

FitzAl wrote:
With the wheel off you just unbolt the drive and pull it completely out with the driveshaft. The article on swingarm replacement covers this, and can be found in the bikers workshop part of the site.
The article he is referring to is here:

http://www.goldwingfacts.com/1500swingarm.htm

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
imported post

Just a comment on this one,with the previous post on de-celeration viberation on the 1500 (like mine) I would mark the front of the driveshaft and the spline from the engine and make SURE that it goes back in the original splines it came from.Thare have been some posts that have the viberation after d'shaft removal.

·
Senior Guru
3,589 Posts
imported post

biker3777 wrote:
Just a comment on this one,with the previous post on de-celeration viberation on the 1500 (like mine) I would mark the front of the driveshaft and the spline from the engine and make SURE that it goes back in the original splines it came from.Thare have been some posts that have the viberation after d'shaft removal.
That might be a good point although I don't the Wing UJs are balanced like ones on car driveshafts. Still it pays to be safe. :clapper:

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
imported post

It isn't the balance ,it is the wear pattern that might cause viberation.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.