Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
95 Aspencade SE
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So until tomorrow (Oct 29th, 2020) Canadian Tire in Western Canada has a 1500 LB motorcycle lift on sale for $99.99 Cdn. Regular price is $169.00

Flyer ad is at - https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/motomaster-motorcycle-atv-jack-1500-lb-0091015p.html#srp

Gets good reviews so I grabbed the last one that the Castlegar store had in stock, but if you wanted to order one online they will honor the price when they get one in. Same will apply to any CTC store that has it on sale.

Will make working on the bike must more enjoyable than sitting on the floor.

·
Administrator
27,122 Posts
Looks just like the craftsman and harbor freight jacks I have.

Reactions: CrystalPistol

·
Premium Member
95 Aspencade SE
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, got mine at Harbor Freight.
No Surprise there, I suspect the Chin-ese manufacturing company makes all of them and private labels them as per customer order. If it works as intended, I'm OK with that.

·
Registered
2008 GL1800 audio/comfort/nav/abs
3 Posts
I bought one at HF on Friday on sale for $80 USD. Don't know if I'll ever use it though. I think I will need to remove the bottom pan to get to a hard part. Tipping the bike on its side seems like the easier way to remove the rear wheel. But, we''l see.

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,900 Posts
on the 1800s, if you have a wood pallet to lay the bike over on, you can have the wheel/tire changed in 5 minutes and be on your way. The crash guards lay against the wood pallet, no plastics even come close, like a foot or more clearance.

I have spare rear wheels just for that reason.

and with the bike laying on a pallet, when you pick up the bike to get the wheels back on the ground it is almost at a 45 degree angle, very easy to set it upright.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts