Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. I have a 92 se and the passenger boards raise up and down. The rubber is torn and worn. Is there a replacement for them? The boards still work fine just need to replace the rubber. Thanks

·
Premium Member
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The parts fiche on two different sites show them as available. #12 and 43.
Actually the rubber piece I'm looking for fit over the passenger boards ! Thanks Too much money if someone has a cheaper idea ! Thanks

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hello everyone. I have a 92 se and the passenger boards raise up and down. The rubber is torn and worn. Is there a replacement for them? The boards still work fine just need to replace the rubber. Thanks
Try “EBay” There’s tons of stuff for these old girls on there. Beware of scammers on “Craig’s List” however. “Good luck.”

·
Premium Member
97 Posts
I have in the past used the rubber that schools used for projector carts. It is ribbed, and as most schools are getting away from such carts, if you know someone who works for a school maybe they can grab a spare for you. You would have to cut and fit yourself, but could be done for little or no money.

·
Premium Member
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have in the past used the rubber that schools used for projector carts. It is ribbed, and as most schools are getting away from such carts, if you know someone who works for a school maybe they can grab a spare for you. You would have to cut and fit yourself, but could be done for little or no money.
Thank you Wingleader ! I think I will try to find some rubber to cover mine also .Too expensive to buy if you can even find them .

·
Registered
68 Posts
Try ebay search. Lots of used pads and aftermarket replacement pads. I cut my own a few years back from ribbed floor mat. Search google for Corrugated Runner Mat

Reactions: AZwngr

·
Premium Member
99 Posts
I did a schtick and posted this hint a wile back:

·
Administrator
1987 GL1200 Interstate
23,971 Posts
He's not looking for floorboard covers. On the 1500 SE models the passenger floorboards could be raised, or lowered, and there was a rubber cover over the mechanism that did the 'accordion' thing so as to hide the workings in any position. That cover is what he's looking for.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts