Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I heard the Sig Sauer site had ammo so I pulled it up for a check and Low and Behold they indeed have 9mm ammo in stock!!! I snagged 6 boxs of 20ea for about $127.49 after tax which amounts to a touch over $1.00/round which is not TOO bad given the availability of ammo right now.... I'll keep ya'll updated with the shipping if yer interested...

Now to look for a couple more 15 round mags for that P95DC........ ;) :cool::cool:

·
Administrator
26,149 Posts
If I have to pay a buck a round I'm probably not going to shoot much. It's probably costing me .20c a round to reload 9mm these days.

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
59,651 Posts
that is too much for my wallet.

·
Premium Member
1,976 Posts
Last time I paid like $13for a box of 50. I went shooting with my wife about 10 days ago and I reduced my arsenal by 1/3. At one buck a piece my shooting enthusiasm decreases

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
59,651 Posts
same here Peter, I managed to get 1400 Rds before the craziness set in, and 10 days later thought I would get some more..... the prices had quadrupled!!!

now I will just settle for what I have and not be doing any plinking for fun.

·
Premium Member
3,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
20 rd. boxes are probably self defense like Hornaday.
Exactly! Here's a link: Sig Sauer

If I have to pay a buck a round I'm probably not going to shoot much. It's probably costing me .20c a round to reload 9mm these days.
The only reason's I reload is cost and availability for my 500... I can't justify getting set up to reload 9mm right now when primers are so scarce.. And at $.339/round for Ball FMJ ammo when they get it back in stock, I'd just as soon get a few boxes for TP when I need to... Sig Sauer

Last time I paid like $13for a box of 50. I went shooting with my wife about 10 days ago and I reduced my arsenal by 1/3. At one buck a piece my shooting enthusiasm decreases
Sig's target ammo is $16.95/box of 50 FMJ ammo... When they have it back in stock of course!! Reading the reviews left there this seems to be some pretty good quality ammo so I'll definitely be getting some in the future to try!!

Guy's the purpose of my post was to help any member like me that's a bit low on ammo and can't find any!! Also to report on the shipping! NOT to pick apart the price!!! But since we're talking Price, How about this: In 2013 when I first got this P95DC I paid $24.95/box of 20 Federal Hydro Shok Ammo.. About half that for the Ball ammo for TP.. Self defense ammo is ALWAYS gonna be more than Practice ammo!!! And I'm not gonna Quibble about 70 cents in a self defense situation...... ;) :cool::cool:

·
Registered
86 Posts
I 've been thinking about getting one of those laser target dry fire deals they have been advertising. Not the same, I'd miss the boom, and unless you are using striker fire pistol, you have to **** it each time. I like pistols with a hammer and decock. I had 2 different pistols that were striker fire and both had problems with hard primers.

·
Premium Member
3,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
One thing a laser will teach you is exactly how much the gun moves when you pull the trigger, even in single action!! It'll surprise you just how you do move!!! A very good way to teach yourself to be steady during trigger pull!

·
Premium Member
3,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Which reminds me, Mods, can you PLEASE take the four letter version of the word "Rooster" off the Banned words list?? It's kind'a silly to have it on there anyway.......

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
59,651 Posts
Which reminds me, Mods, can you PLEASE take the four letter version of the word "Rooster" off the Banned words list?? It's kind'a silly to have it on there anyway.......
I was thinking the same thing.... rather dumb on this forum.

·
Administrator
26,149 Posts
Guy's the purpose of my post was to help any member like me that's a bit low on ammo and can't find any!! Also to report on the shipping! NOT to pick apart the price!!! But since we're talking Price, How about this: In 2013 when I first got this P95DC I paid $24.95/box of 20 Federal Hydro Shok Ammo.. About half that for the Ball ammo for TP.. Self defense ammo is ALWAYS gonna be more than Practice ammo!!! And I'm not gonna Quibble about 70 cents in a self defense situation...... ;) :cool::cool:
I hear ya, thanks for posting, someone may need some and not have a source. Didn't mean to hijack the thread.
I paid $25 for a 25 rd box of Hornady self defense 9mm a couple years ago. You are not supposed to use reloads for SD for legal reasons.

Reactions: roscoepc

·
Administrator
26,149 Posts
I just returned from our local hardware, lumber and whatever store. They have a lot of 9mm for $38 for a box of 50. I went there hoping they might have some primers but no luck.

Reactions: roscoepc
1 - 16 of 16 Posts