Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The 9th Annual Moonshine Lunch Run will be on 13 April this year. It is a lot of fun and a chance to meet others from all over the USA. People come all the way from CA for this event.

I hope to see some of you there this year.

http://moonshine-run.com/Moonshine/Default.asp

Attached is a couple of photos. Monkeytrucker might recognize one of them. Monkey and I nicknamed it the Monsoon Run last year as it rained most of the day. I road about 300 of the 500 miles I road last year in the rain.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
754 Posts
When my son lived in Lafayette, IN . he went by himself in 2007 and in 2008 his wife went also. I believe he received a trophy for the only bike not having an actual windshield. He drove a Buell and there are pic's of them in 2008. I think it snowed on them at times and he said his wife was a real trooper.
They live in Newburgh, IN. now . Maybe i can get him to drive my 750 there while I stay nice and warm on my Wing.

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Indiana,

It would be nice to see you down there.;)

·
Senior Mem & Story Teller
3,498 Posts
Yeppie Parman, it did rain. We did not have one quarter sq in of dry on us by the time we got home. We still enjoyed the whole show. We only went to Moonshine on Saturday because more than that would tax my strength.

The orange Harley in the other picture was neat. The rider was dressed in orange with an orange helmet with orange antlers on it.

My bride met a fellow who rode in from CA with his friend. She asked where his friend was and he directed her to his back pack where there was a little dog complete with it's own rain gear. It rode from CA in that backpack.

We met a gentleman from Mexico, a man and wife from Ontario, CN. he had an O2 tank on his bike with a tag along kit on it.

It is definitely a big event and fun to say you have been to Moonshine, IL for a Moonburger. We plan on attending the Saturday part at Moonshine in 2013.

·
Pwhoever
3,338 Posts
I am going to have to add this to my calendar. I should still be on vacation from work so I would like to try and make this one...
Don, are you looking at doing this as a 1 day run or staying overnight somewhere?

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Pwhoever,

I'm playing it by ear right now. It all depends on the weather. I would like to go down Friday and camp overnight.:?
I know you just bought a bunch of new camping gear that needs to be tested.

Don

·
Senior Smart Aleck
1,599 Posts
9th Annual Moonshine Luch Run

Just curious, What's a "Luch Run" and is it legal?:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

Hope I can make it.

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
eeee rrrrrr wwww jjjjj wwwaaa wwwaaa or however you say it,

There is a possibility of some unlawful activities going on. Why don't you come down meet us and find out? I will have one of Chicagos finest with me for protection.

Don

·
Premium Member
754 Posts
I reserved a cabin at the KOA for Fri. and Sat. night for myself. Wife has to work. Supposed to sleep 4(not really-1 regular bed and 2 bunk beds, so maybe 3) and might be room for someone else if you can handle my snoring. lol The Days Inn was booked up already according to their website and i wanted the closest place i could get. Sucks to have to bring sleeping bag and pillow.

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Indiana,
A couple of us may take you up on the offer. It all depends on the weather up here in Chicagoland area. It may still be snowy weather.

·
Premium Member
754 Posts
Sounds good.. How many times have you been to Moonshine?
You are worrying about snow in April and i was only worried about stormy rain. Glad i live farther south.

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
This will be my 3rd year. Yes we can still get snow in April up in Chicago laqnd area.

Last year I rode 300 of 500 mile trip in the rain.

2 years ago it was snowing in northern IL so I didn't get to go.

April is a crap shoot for us and the Moonshine Run.

·
Pwhoever
3,338 Posts
Indiana,
A couple of us may take you up on the offer. It all depends on the weather up here in Chicagoland area. It may still be snowy weather.
Well if we do end up using the cabin, don't blame me because I am ready to camp. I will still use the sleeping bag.... (Gee I wonder why that sounds so familiar, hehehe):ROFL:

·
Senior Smart Aleck
1,599 Posts
Well if we do end up using the cabin, don't blame me because I am ready to camp. I will still use the sleeping bag.... (Gee I wonder why that sounds so familiar, hehehe):ROFL:

And I thought you windy boys were tough. :raspberry::raspberry::raspberry:

Starting to see a pattern here Mike. At least that kinda tent don't take up much space on bike:ROFL::ROFL:

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
:ssshh:I was just thinking of Mike. You know how he likes a warm dry place to sleep. :ROFL: Besides he can't drink out of the wrong gatorade bottle that way. ;)

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Getting closer. Little over 2 months away.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Anyone going from Aurora, Illinois area. Hope to leave early afternoon, taking route 47 down. Tent camp at KOA.

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
If all goes as planned we will be leaving around lunch time Friday from Mt Prospect area.

1 - 20 of 78 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.