Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Goldwing Addict :-)
12,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Today the clouds that have dumped a foot and a half of snow on us, followed by several days of cold rain, finally relented. With the snow mostly gone, the streets dried out for the first time in a couple of weeks, but the weatherman says more snow is on the way tonight, with a low in the mid 20's, but the streets were dry, and my blue lady was calling to me, so I willingly found an excuse to leave again, right after getting home from work. "We've got a free movie rental at Hollywood" I tell my wife, shall I pick up a movie? "My Wing's calling" to me I tell her with a smile. "Aren't you going to freeze" she says. Maybe I say, but the streets are dry and it's been too long. I gear up and climb on my sweet girl, choke on, key on, start button and she comes to life, the purr of the ultra smooth six pack. "It's been too long" I'm sure I hear her say. I smile, pull out of the garage, hit the garage door opener remote and off we go. The 8 mile round trip to the video store somehow stretches out to 35 miles. It's cold, just below freezing, the streets are trickyin spots with all the gravel and sand down from the recent snow, but we're together again, for a moment. I breathe in the cold fresh air and long for warmer days, but I'm happy to be riding if only for a short ride. All too soon it's over, my hands are cold, my face is cold, but I've got that smile on my face, the smile that only a rider knows. It was good, a small fix, a breath of fresh air on my beautiful bike. A great end to a hectic week.

John

·
Premium Member
3,403 Posts
imported post

Glad you got out for a ride, won't be happening around here anytime soon.

What is it about the air in the PNW? You're starting to sound like CJ.

·
Goldwing Addict :-)
12,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Lol, yeah I looked at what I wrote and thought it looked a little like his stuff too. :cheeky1::cheeky1: Better lay off whatever it is anyway. Maybe the air from the Ellensburg stockyards isblowing West and I caught a snootful.:dude:

John

·
Premium Member
10,276 Posts
imported post

So THAT'S what does it! :cheeky1:

·
Village Whack Job...
7,908 Posts
imported post

The last time I even looke dlike at my Wing like i wanted to take her out for a ride she just laughed at me and snuggled up a little closer to the work beanch and went back to sleep.

·
Premium Member
1,169 Posts
imported post

Hey Jluvs,
What movie did you get????????
Or, did you really get one????????
At least ya got a nice ride!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
8,524 Posts
imported post

Nay, he got on the bike for his fix, and it was like, what movie?

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
imported post

Jluvs2dive, you should move up here to the( Convergence Zone).We were in the mid to upper 30s Fri. Had a nice putt myself.

****:)

·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
imported post

Stockyards? We have no stockyards in Ellensburg.... that was the last vestige of our rural past.....

:)

We are a progressive, commuting, bedroom community now, filled with over-priced, over-built, empty houses.... just like the rest of America.....

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts
imported post

Cousin Jack wrote:
Stockyards? We have no stockyards in Ellensburg.... that was the last vestige of our rural past.....

We are a progressive, commuting, bedroom community now, filled with over-priced, over-built, empty houses.... just like the rest of America.....
So what floated over and gave him his snootful?:cheeky1:

·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
imported post

UBarW wrote:
Cousin Jack wrote:

So what floated over and gave him his snootful?:cheeky1:

I don't know, poor guy......

Life is full of small unpleasantries............. we all cope with them in the best way we know how......

but I've resolved to add nothing more to his hard times!

No more stories for him! Or MikeF either!

:cooldevil:

·
Premium Member
10,276 Posts
imported post

Oh, No!!!! Say it ain't so!!!!!........:doh:

Nice going John. Look what you went and did............

·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
imported post

mikef wrote:
Oh, No!!!! Say it ain't so!!!!!........:doh:

Nice going John. Look what you went and did............
Yup, I is reformed! Gonna see if I can't get to 8,000 posts.....saying nothing...

·
Premium Member
10,276 Posts
imported post

You've got a good start......:waving:

·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
imported post

mikef wrote:
You've got a good start......:waving:
Thanks for the encouragement and kind words.... I know I can always count on you Moderators!

·
Premium Member
10,276 Posts
imported post

Don't lump me in with the rest of that lot........:cheeky1: :cheeky1:

·
Premium Member
8,524 Posts
imported post

Hey, don't leave me out, I'm doing a good job of saying nothing :cheeky1::cheeky1:

·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
imported post

mikef wrote:
Don't lump me in with the rest of that lot........:cheeky1: :cheeky1:
You're right, I shouldn't have done that...... you stand way out from the rest......

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
imported post

Cousin Jack wrote:

Me too please. :waving:

·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
imported post

Rudy wrote:
Cousin Jack wrote:

Me too please. :waving:

You're on the list, too, Rude.... I figured you would be......

Of course, it again occurs to me, if you don't like the damn things, why don't you just not read them? But... that would be too simple. Much more satisfying to punish me for them..... hey?

The hell with it....

Of course, it isn't really the stories, is it? It's me...... something about me drives you all nuts!

Again, the hell with it.....

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.