Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Administrator
26,187 Posts
imported post

There's no deer crossing signs on the road I ride to work but the jay walking devils do it anyway.

:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
imported post

That is down right scary!! :shock: To think that would even work? :? Why didn't anyone else think of that? :baffled:;):ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

·
Premium Member
1,238 Posts
imported post

Wolfman wrote:
I didn't know the dear could read those signs?
They could probably read the signs better, if you put some lights on them so they could see them betterat night, and those that don't see em during the day need glasses, I would think. And then again, maybe you need towrite it in French, for our friends up north, and Spanish for our friends down south, and for some, maybe just pictures, some in braile and I know whenDMV don't want me to do something, they put a big red X on it. I bet if you put a sign up like that it wouldn't happen as much. But then again, if they're like me, when I get a project to put something together, I don't read the instruction first, I try to put it together with my wisdom and you know what that means. I get mad, go for a walk, probably walk along a street and not pay attention, might even walk out into the street, not thinking about anything and blam, get hit by a car. I bet that's how it happens. Anybody else thought about this?

·
Premium Member
231 Posts
imported post

A kid at work came in one day saying he had hit a deer on such and such road. I asked where abouts on such and such road? He said 'by the deer crossing sign.' On a different day we were starting early for a safety meeting, he got in late and said was stopped for speeding. He explained to the officer he was speeding because he was late for the safety meeting. It didn't help.

·
Premium Member
1,317 Posts
imported post

Coming home from work one day I saw the biggest buck I'd seen in years standing below a Deer Crossing sign. I really wished I would have had a camera with me.

·
Premium Member
563 Posts
imported post

creekwalker wrote:
my kind of sign
He's not deer hunting at the deer crossing sign because deer can't read, he's protecting his 2 cases Molson's Canadian beer. Desides the fact is that Canadian deer can't read, the sign isn't bilingual so it doesn't matter.

·
Premium Member
552 Posts
imported post

Deer horns should be affixed to those signs. That way, when the wind blows...:cheesygrin:

·
Premium Member
185 Posts
imported post

Why can't someone just come up with motorcycle whistles for the deer to wear? Easy Peasy.

·
Premium Member
563 Posts
imported post

I tried to put a motorcycle whistle on a deer one time, darn near killed me and wrecked the bike, did kill the deer. I finally figured out the problem, I was going faster than the deer and PETA got mad that I smeared the deer all over the highway.

·
Premium Member
535 Posts
imported post

hahahahahaha, but youre all missin the point here from the paper work. MOVE THE SIGN SO THE DEER WILL FOLLOW THE SIGN AND ONLY CROSS WHERE IT IS SAFE!!!! the deer will say: OH, WE CANT CROSS HERE ANYMORE! WE GOTTA CROSS WAY OVER THERE, WHERE THEY MOVED THE SIGN TO! :D:D:D oh my god! keep on winginit rick

·
Premium Member
535 Posts
imported post

Top Roman wrote:
They walk among us:ROFL:
oh my god, now thats scary! rick

·
Just one of the guys
4,799 Posts
imported post

That's almost as good as the one telling hunters to stop shooting animals, they should go to the store to buy meat where no animals were hurt like everyone else does.

·
Premium Member
76 Posts
imported post

I try not to ride at night in deer country. It's like playing Russiaian Roullette.

·
Premium Member
1,317 Posts
imported post

A local watering hole has a big sign outside stating. "Deer! This is a surplus pile of corn. It is not bait and is not meant for consumption. It is private property. Any deer caught eating or stealing my corn will be shot. You have been warned!"

·
Premium Member
6,319 Posts
imported post

abodeen wrote:
I try not to ride at night in deer country. It's like playing Russiaian Roullette.
It's all Russian Roulette!

I ride allot at night when there are few cages on the road but some furry things, it's like playing with 1 bullet in a Six shooter.

I ride during the day also with lots of cages around and still the furry things are there then too, it's like playing with 4 bullets!

I feel my odds are better at night with just the deer and such to worry about mostly.

The view is much better during the day to actually enjoy the ride and scenery of course.
And I get a much better view of those pretty deer on the side of the road also.

Yes, they should move those crossings to less traveled areas or long straight areas LOL
It's ok to look at the pretty deer on side of road or walking along to the nearest crossing, but they should be crossing in safer places so they don't get hurt so often. LOL

:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

·
Just one of the guys
4,799 Posts
imported post

Maybe they ought to put in deer crossing tunnels or bridges instead of just those silly signs. I know they have bridges for the animals in the Banff area.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.