Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I rode to work this morning for the fiirst time in weeks where it wasn't raining and/or the temps were at least 35degreesF the whole way!!!:jumper:

The end of winter is almost here! Spring is in the air - we are having 70 degree sunny days and at least mid 30 degree nights. It all happens in California first, so I figured I'd just give you all hope - it's coming!!!:action::action::action::action::action:

·
Premium Member
1,082 Posts
imported post

Yeah yeah yeah. we are supposed to get 6 to 8 inches of snow tonight. It will be a while before I get out on the bike again. My Feb 8th ride was a teaser

·
Premium Member
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Bob W wrote:
Yeah yeah yeah. we are supposed to get 6 to 8 inches of snow tonight. It will be a while before I get out on the bike again. My Feb 8th ride was a teaser
Awwwww, chin up dude - I will in all likelyhood see snow many times on my trip this year - in August - LOL Kinda happens when you cross so many mountains :shock:. It's always there.

It is already the end of February - we'll see rain on and off through into May - but riding WILL happen - :action:. Gotta enjoy the highs when you get them and take advantage of "the season" when it comes!! I bet you'll get a few Feb 8th's before too long.

Now, Governors and Senators - that's a whole other matter of concern...:cheeky1:

·
Lost on this *****
4,317 Posts
imported post

Just got a couple inches of snow the other night and now it's only in the teens with a wind chill of zero.

Think I'll go build a fire in the garage and sit on the bike for a spell :)

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
imported post

27 degrees is to be in the morning, maybe 60 by 2 p.m. Going to Greenville to the Motorcycle show , out of here, time to play.

Kit

·
Premium Member
142 Posts
imported post

YEP, only 8 more WEEKS:shock::shock::shock: until we can start riding here. Time to wax the wing 1 more time:cooldj:

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,198 Posts
imported post

I just looked at our forecast for the next week. Thursday it will be 86*F ?? and by Friday back down in the 40s. :X

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
imported post

I've only missed 1 day riding so far because of ice. It's been cold but the roads have been pretty dry.

·
Premium Member
6,097 Posts
imported post

We are about to see our last gasp of winter in the morning. They say it might be in the high 30's. I'm hoping the it is over so you guys can get back on the road.

·
Premium Member
418 Posts
imported post

Sorry guys, but hearing about sixty or seventy degree days from people in Arizona and California has to qualify as a very subtle kind of torture to all of us "nor-easters".

·
Premium Member
662 Posts
imported post

Tomorrow is going to be around 60* & sunny....a FANTASTIC day for riding !!!!!!!! :( :( :(

Unfortunatly, I am "on call" this weekend and have to stay close to home. So, since it rained last weekend and prevented us from burning off the pasture & wood land, we will be doing that tomorrow. (provided I don't get called out) :rollingeyes:

But wait....the burning won't take but 3 -4 hrs. :p..and we're gonna start about 9 AM....so, if I don't get called out, we should be finished by 1:00 :cooldj:.....HEY !!! Maybe....just MAYBE we can get a 'close to home' (30 mile radius) ride in after all :jumper:...OH JOY !!!!! THAT WOULD BE SO WONDERFUL !!!!! :action::action:

·
Premium Member
397 Posts
imported post

Lets see, one more week of Feb. then we shouldnt have windchill alerts anymore, then all of March before it stops snowing, then a couple of weeks into April before it starts to warm up, then...

...yep just eight more weeks to go. Cant complain though. I do love having four seasons. Makes you appreaciate each and every one of them.

We even have a white christmas every year! Although we do get snow storms in may every few years.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.