Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

A hometown friend of mine believes I lead a "charmed life." He's right...I do...and I am grateful. Thanks to all of you for a great summer so far...... We could motorcycle tour without this forum, but it would be more difficult by far. I hope you all are having some of the joy we are experiencing.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
76 Posts
imported post

You do indeed seem to be leading a wonderful life! What's that taped to your windshield?

·
Premium Member
626 Posts
imported post

Mel, we all know that you DO lead a charmed life and we love that you are so willing to share it with us and so eloquently. Keep up the delighful narratives so we can live vicariously though you. It was a real pleasure to meet you and Sandy at NASSIR and I look forward to seeing you both again. In the meantime, MORE PICS!

·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

reckhart54 wrote:
You do indeed seem to be leading a wonderful life! What's that taped to your windshield?
Man! Don't get me started on that damned thing! That's a thirty five dollar "permit" that we have to now have on our vehicle in order to enter state parks, Department of Natural Resources, Fish and Game land, in fact....all state land that we supposedly already own...... And the damned thing is specific to license plate number; in other words, we have to have a separate one (at $35 a whack) for any vehicle we might choose to drive on those lands! We can thank our Democratic governor and her Democratic congress types for that..... plonkers!

:lash::lash::lash::lash::lash::lash::lash:

·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

misteraubrey wrote:
Mel, we all know that you DO lead a charmed life and we love that you are so willing to share it with us and so eloquently.  Keep up the delighful narratives so we can live vicariously though you.  It was a real pleasure to meet you and Sandy at NASSIR and I look forward to seeing you both again.  In the meantime, MORE PICS!
Thanks, friend, it was a pleasure meeting you, too, and we are working through the pictures....we only took 386 of them!

:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

·
Premium Member
6,132 Posts
imported post

You guys are awesome! In your spare time, you unselfishly share your travels and adventures with a group in the hundreds that only a few you know. I was reading the camping thread you had going, and you said that you would rather sleep in a tent than sleep in a hotel bed that who knows slept there doing who knows what in it..... I was thinking more on the lines if I was in your shoes, I would spend every moment I could, and every breath I made, taking in all I could. I would look at every little thing and smell the wilderness that abounds around me.

Then to top it off, when you come back to civilization, once again, you selfishly give yourself to teach our children. With all the government cutbacks and teachers having to support their class rooms with their own paychecks, people forget what sacrifices teachers make. Yet you rarely see a teacher who hasn't got a genuine smile on their face. Teachers are a rare breed, I appreciate you and I thank you, for giving of your personal time, and professional time.

·
Lost on this *****
4,317 Posts
imported post

Yep,,,,,,,, thats our CJ & Red showing off again,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

In a very tasteful manner ;).

·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

Thank you, jobe05, especially on the behalf of my wife, perhaps one of the few living saints around!

She works in a behavioral, self-contained special education classroom with highly-functioning autistic and behaviorally-disabled kids...... Are they difficult? How many 1-3 classrooms do you know of that have a padded cell-room? Hers does......

And I've never heard her seriously complain; not once...in twenty years.

Yes, my wife's a saint; she's more than I deserve, and if I was half the person she is, I'd still be twice the man I am....

Thank you again, sir, on the behalf of my wife, Red Goudger...

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.