Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

This morning started out cold, damp, heavy black clouds and a fierce wind out of the Northwest. This weekend is supposed to be dry and in the 60s so I need to plan the next three days carefully. I'm off tomorrow so I will make a pot of coffee and retire to the basement garage (its heated) and start removing the hard bags and 4 inch exhaust pipe covers so I can remove the rear wheel. Then I need to install my spare rear wheel with the New Austone car tire on it. Of course, this is the perfect time to replace the rear bearings with double rollers on both sides. I modified the bike to use the double rollers on both sides instead of going back with a single roller on the left side. Clean and grease the splines and use new o'rings as I go back together with it. If everything goes according to plan I will be able to give the new car tire a suitable tryout Saturday afternoon or Sunday!

Dubs

·
Premium Member
6,319 Posts
imported post

I'm heading to Atlanta in morning sometime.
Maybe heading home to MO after Atlanta, ride some back roads I think, maybe through a Forrest.

Maybe a few of us meet up for lunch or something Saturday if your testing out the Taxi tire then.

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
imported post

Dubs... keep us posted. I am curious as to whether that Austone will make pulling the rear wheel on the Valk a little less like a root canal.

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

Chromo, you going to come thru Knoxville? If so let me know. The Austone should slide in quite nicely. I will definately take pics and post the process.

Dubs

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.