They sing my song...
They call my name....

Attachments

·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
imported post

Have you ridden a powerful motorcycle down the West coast of America? Washington, Oregon, California?

If you haven't, your life's not complete.....

(Photo by Red Goudger....)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
470 Posts
imported post

Ah... call me crazy... I like riding PCH going north... I've been almost run off the wrong side of the road too many times... I prefer the inside of the curve...

But yeah, it's one of my top 5 rides of all time. It's a beautiful thing.

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
imported post

I have a powerful motorcycle and ride some wonderful roads close to home. You need to continue to ride those wonderful roads along the coast for us as your odyssey continues. And if you listen closely as the scenery unfolds in front of you, you will hear me thanking you for those special rides that I may never take. Please do not stop recording you journey in words and pictures. They create more smiles and fond memories than you will ever know!

Dubs

·
Friend of Bill W.
1,930 Posts
imported post

Thanks for sharing. We live in a wonderful part of the world.

This summer, I rode that highway from Northern California to Washington with a short detour to the gathering at Crater Lake.

·
Deceased 1/2017
1,206 Posts
imported post

Dubswing wrote:
I have a powerful motorcycle and ride some wonderful roads close to home. You need to continue to ride those wonderful roads along the coast for us as your odyssey continues. And if you listen closely as the scenery unfolds in front of you, you will hear me thanking you for those special rides that I may never take. Please do not stop recording you journey in words and pictures. They create more smiles and fond memories than you will ever know!

Dubs
^
Couldn't have said it better myself!!!:claps: :blackstuff:

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
imported post

Rob,

Let me know if and when you plan to be close to Knoxville. We will catch some wind together. Maybe do the Cherohala!

Dubs

·
Premium Member
61,466 Posts
imported post

Someone was talking about shipping their bike over seas, well you won't find what we haveat our back door over there.................

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,074 Posts
imported post

Hey, CJ. Have you explored the Big Bend National park and surrounding areas? Them too are nice places to see!

·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
imported post

Wing-Rider wrote:
Hey, CJ.  Have you explored the Big Bend National park and surrounding areas?  Them too are nice places to see!
South Texas? Nope, we've ridden in Texas: in fact we rode down and got married near Dallas there, then rode Palo Duro and the Cap Rock (?) area coming back, but never the Big Bend.... it's on the list....probably have to wait until Red retires so we can do it spring or fall....

·
Premium Member
6,132 Posts
imported post

Cousin Jack wrote:
Wing-Rider wrote:
Hey, CJ.  Have you explored the Big Bend National park and surrounding areas?  Them too are nice places to see!
Big Bend.... it's on the list....probably have to wait until Red retires so we can do it spring or fall....
I was going to post some wise ass remark about waiting for your beautiful young bride (respectfully) retireing in like 25 more years...... .... But I won't...........

·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
imported post

jobe05 wrote:
Cousin Jack wrote:
Wing-Rider wrote:
Big Bend.... it's on the list....probably have to wait until Red retires so we can do it spring or fall....
I was going to post some wise ass remark about waiting for your beautiful young bride (respectfully) retireing in like 25 more years...... .... But I won't...........
Hah! Actually, she's got in over twenty, and could do it almost immediately. But my beautiful young bride is marvelously good at her job, and loves it, and she saves the world one little beat-up kid at a time, and I respect that beyond measure. She may retire tomorrow; she may never retire. But regardless, it's all good. We have a stunningly good life even now, and I'm thankful.

·
Premium Member
6,132 Posts
imported post

She should get a gold metal for what she does, that's a special kind of dedication not found in most. I have a special needs niece (sam) who miraculously is still being taught at the age of 21 by diligent dedicated people like Red, so I completely understand her job, her dedication and her attachments. Sam has had about a dozen nurses and teachers in her life between rhode island and here, and each one of them still communicate one way or the other with her or her mom daily. I know what Red does is much more than a job, it's personal, very personal.

·
Premium Member
484 Posts
imported post

I'm planning a trip to the left side from Nov 12-19 from Las Vegas to Barstow Hwy 58 over to 101/PCH will be camping on the beach as much as I can:applause::applause::waving::raspberry:

·
Premium Member
1,169 Posts
imported post

:waving: Cousin Jack wrote.....

"Have you ridden a powerful motorcycle down the West coast of America? Washington, Oregon, California?

If you haven't, your life's not complete....."

I have ridden those roads, not on a GoldWing, but on a BMW, a 1972 R75/5

I think it was powerful enough, it was a really good ride.

I would love to do it again on a Goldwing or any other bike that will git on down the road...

Ride like the wind.................. :action:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.