·
Premium Member
928 Posts
you get to hit 3 states on the ride ;)

·
Premium Member
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yep, and the last time that I was in South Carolina was in 1986 and I was on the coast riding a 1983 650 Kaw.

·
Registered
541 Posts
take 1310 to 74 to 129 and back to start point. Never rode it on my wing, but rode it many times on the Vulcan

·
Registered
541 Posts
You could run 64 to 129, be considerably quicker. 1310 is a slow road

·
X-Roughneck
1,229 Posts
http://moonshiner28.com/moonshiner28_maps.html

This is where I plan to spend one of my days at NASSIR. Now the question is, do I just turn around and ride it back the other way or do I find another route back.:?OH WELL, I have 50 something days to figure that out.;)

Thanks for posting this route.Wife and I rode to Cherokee,NC in 2003 but i don't know much about the area except what i have read.This looks like a real good ride that can easily be done in a day that we will be doing too one of the days while there.I clicked-on "about the ride" and think i will take Donna under the falls. Don't know if it will apply to her but i am part Cherokee.LoL
;)

·
Premium Member
5,319 Posts
Hey guys, don't forget that we have already done a lot of homework for you on routes and there are a ton of handy files on our website for you to get familar with the area. I particularly like the waterfall one.

Here's a link to the page as well as a screen shot of the listing.

http://clockshoppe.net/nassir_7p_008.htm

·
Premium Member
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey John, your 28 route map has the same problem....No return route:raspberry: But what fun could we have if we didn't scour the road maps ahead of time and ponder all of the possibilities;)

·
Premium Member
5,319 Posts
Hey John, your 28 route map has the same problem....No return route:raspberry: But what fun could we have if we didn't scour the road maps ahead of time and ponder all of the possibilities;)
My rule has always been "never take the same route back that you took out unless absolutely necessary"!!! :readit:

·
X-Roughneck
1,229 Posts
LOL thanks John forgot about those maps.Gives me sumthin to check out.

Booked a room in Robbsinsville for Sunday night after we ride across the Cherohala.Get up Monday and ride down the Dragon.We're gonna leave the third or fourth to stop at places of interest this trip.Pulling the trailer.

·
Premium Member
6,319 Posts
Not a problem!
Do the route forward to make the ride, and reverse to get back to the start.
Now that should be a challenge! :ROFL:
Riding the Dragon in reverse LOL heck anyone can do it in forward gears :ROFL:

Really, you know what I mean though. Going out is one ride, but riding back on same road is opposite! All the right hand turns going out will be left turns heading back!
What you see in morning going out may not be the same thing as evening riding back.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Ya... That the problem with motorcycle touring in Australia or New Zealand.
There's only one road outta town. ;)
thecruiser
Hey Larry - Always wanted to ride New Zealand... no road can take me there... :-(:18red:

·
Premium Member
395 Posts
The first pic was after the first quake and the second was after our trip there and after the second quake.
The second quake did a lot more damage than the first. What was quite interesting was the fact they put up supports on structures to hold them in place 'til permanent repairs could be made.
thecruiser

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.