Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

A day at NASSIR

4K views 36 replies 10 participants last post by  Chromo 
#1 ·
http://moonshiner28.com/moonshiner28_maps.html

This is where I plan to spend one of my days at NASSIR. Now the question is, do I just turn around and ride it back the other way or do I find another route back.:?OH WELL, I have 50 something days to figure that out.;)

#7 ·
Thanks for posting this route.Wife and I rode to Cherokee,NC in 2003 but i don't know much about the area except what i have read.This looks like a real good ride that can easily be done in a day that we will be doing too one of the days while there.I clicked-on "about the ride" and think i will take Donna under the falls. Don't know if it will apply to her but i am part Cherokee.LoL
;)

#8 ·
Hey guys, don't forget that we have already done a lot of homework for you on routes and there are a ton of handy files on our website for you to get familar with the area. I particularly like the waterfall one.

Here's a link to the page as well as a screen shot of the listing.

http://clockshoppe.net/nassir_7p_008.htm

#10 ·
My rule has always been "never take the same route back that you took out unless absolutely necessary"!!! :readit:

#11 ·
LOL thanks John forgot about those maps.Gives me sumthin to check out.

Booked a room in Robbsinsville for Sunday night after we ride across the Cherohala.Get up Monday and ride down the Dragon.We're gonna leave the third or fourth to stop at places of interest this trip.Pulling the trailer.

#20 ·
The first pic was after the first quake and the second was after our trip there and after the second quake.
The second quake did a lot more damage than the first. What was quite interesting was the fact they put up supports on structures to hold them in place 'til permanent repairs could be made.
thecruiser

#21 ·
That is so sad to see!

#22 ·
Well back to a day at NASSIR.

BeenShot, I know you live on a river, but the same river everday can get borring.

Do you want to go rafting or tubing etc.. at NASSIR?
I'm thinking I will if I have a few folks to go with.

I used to do the Spring River up here near me 2 or 3 times a year long ago, but same nice river too many times got boring and now lucky if I go once every couple of years!
I only go now when friends are also going as many of them I don't see very often and we have a blast on the river as a small group together.

I know allot of folks will want to spend the days riding, I am thinking I can ride anytime, I might rather play on the water more this trip.

#24 ·
I would like to chime in here, our group will be arriving Fri. the 4th and we are camping at Kickstand. we were planning on going rafting Sun. so it wouldn't interfere with events. However if a few others would like to go I could see us changing our plans and go as a larger group.:waving::action::thumbsup:

#25 ·
I been planing to raft also, but Marina when I called they said the lake is nice and warm to play in, but the river is about 40F near the lodge campground!

Might want to check the water temps before I jump in anywhere. LOL

Only $10 for a 10 day fishing permit and all that's needed for the lake.
For the River also need a $10 trout stamp good for the year.

So if I fish at the lodge campground river it only cost $20 for the trip. I was told it is stocked with trout.
Sounds good to me, now where did I put those old crank phones and the Dynamite?? LOL

I see a good fish dinner in my future, or a very hungry night!
I don't fish! LOL

Might be a good time to learn though!

#26 ·
I'll bring my poles!! I like a good fish fry. I am in NC so I'll get my fishing license beforehand will have to get the trout stamp while out there.

#28 ·
Hey, look through my store and see if the knifes and fish stuff look decent, if I have them in the store. I only have about 400-600 items online right now of about 1800 I could sell.

I can bring a set or couple, if I place another order for stuff before I get there and I'm sure I will the way some things been selling fast as I get them.

Heck, I may trade a $10 set for a 10lb fish even up, but you take my picture as I hold my new fish! HA HA.
No CARP! LOL

http://gearedtoride.com/

#29 ·
I don't see to many people fish the rivers a whole bunch there in the summer. The lake is pretty busy with boats but never see to many fish caught. I would have thought the waters coming out of the dam would have been tempered somewhat as it goes through the turbines. We use to go up to my brother in laws house in Potsdam NY years ago. The river in the back of his house was like the river there, shallow, wide body of water moving pretty good. But at 7 PM every day, they would open the dam to release water and it was warm. We dug holes in the river bed for our chairs, then sit in the water and and wait for it to come come up. At full release, the water would rise right to chin level and the temp about 95 to 98 degrees, that was great!. Doesn't sound the same here, and I think the river in that spot is pretty deep, it gets shallower as it goes out through the mountains.

#32 ·
Ya, I don't know anything about the area.
When the Guy said 40F on the river I was like WHAT! :ROFL:
I mean heck, that is the SOUTH!! July!! I would not expect 40F anywhere other than in a beer cave. :ROFL:
Even if it is in the mountains! LOL

#35 ·
I hear they don't sell that PBR stuff down yonder....Ole Chromo might be SOL!;)
That settles it, I'm bringing the trailer! :ROFL::ROFL:

Actually I'm not sure, but I think when I was at Telico a couple years ago they sold it then.
Maybe they only sell the good stuff now?

#36 ·
Hmmmm....:?

#37 ·
LOL

That's a good one!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.