Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

The Green Machine was born blue (it may have been sad that it wasnt green).

Its a dark metallic green now. No clue what formula was used, or who painted it.

I need some touchup... how does one come up with a match other than trial and error?

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

over here, if we can send or take a small component painted in the colour required, the paint producers can colour match it accurately by using a scanner designed to colour match. I would assume that there are paint shops over with you that have this technology.

:waving:

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,187 Posts
imported post

Aye sire, they do have those machines.....

but they require a patch of the specimen paint to put under their scanner.

So, I think that if a side panel were pulled off and taken in to the paint vendor, maybe they could put that in front of the scanner.

I once took in a oven fired brick because I wanted my house trim to be the same color. Kind of shocked the ole sod, but he did it. Took him about five tries to get the paint to dry out to the right color, but he used a hair dryer and kept at it. Worked it did...

·
Premium Member
1,437 Posts
imported post

Go to or call an automotive paint store to see if they have a computer paint scanner.

Here Dupont/Seimens has them. Napa does not.

Matching should notbe a problem.

·
Premium Member
2,801 Posts
imported post

My local O'reilly's (similar to Autozone/Napa) paint shop has a portable scanner. They got me some paint for my Yamaha (painting a couple helmets) by using it. He brought it out, scanned my fender, and in a matter of minutes, had the paint ready to go.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.