Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Took Friday off from work and me and the lovely bride going to make it a long weekend at the Fin & Feather Resort @ Toledo Bend Lake with some friends.

Ride the bike up Thursday after work and do a ride on Friday, all is good. Ride about 30 minutesSaturday AM and have avibration in the bike. Stop to check it out and have aHUGE knot on the rear tire. As I always do, I had justchecked pressure and looked at the tires during my pre-ride inspection and did not see a problem. Tire had 9800 miles and looked in great shape with 40% tread left.

Made the best of it for the weekend, but not being able to ride with friendswas a bummer. By luck, the wife brought her car beacuse she brought the new puppy along. So Sunday we get up drive the 100 miles home to get my truck and the trailer.

Get home and the Central A/C unit is not working. Are you freaking kidding me!!!

There is bright side, I am home and safe. Caught it before it became a real problem athighway speed on a 2 lane curvy road and I got out an window a/c I keep handy for hurricanes so atleast there is a/c in the bedroom.

·
Premium Member
61,390 Posts
imported post

What make of tire ??

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
59,657 Posts
imported post

Foodman wrote:
What make of tire ??
Hey Bert, me thinks it was a Dunflop....
look at the title again.

A Dunflopped Weekend

·
Premium Member
1,735 Posts
imported post

well, at least your ok and it sounds like you still had a good time.

·
Premium Member
61,390 Posts
imported post

AZgl1500 wrote:
Foodman wrote:
What make of tire ??
look at the title again.

A Dunflopped Weekend

John

Heck, I thought Dunflopped was a town in Texas..........:cheeky1:

·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
imported post

Foodman wrote:
AZgl1500 wrote:
Foodman wrote:
What make of tire ??
look at the title again.

A Dunflopped Weekend

John

I don't know if "Dunflopped" is a town in Texas, but "Humptulips" is a town in Washington!

·
Premium Member
8,242 Posts
imported post

Same thing happened to me on a DunFlop many years ago on a Sport bike that I owned. Seems times have NOT changed.

·
Premium Member
678 Posts
imported post

All brands of tires have issues here and there. Just like every other product out there. Glad you are safe. Oh, and at least you can be cool enough to sleep.

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
59,657 Posts
imported post

Yup, and my '98SE has a pair of very good to me, Dunlop E3s on it.

·
Friend of Bill W.
1,930 Posts
imported post

Try a car tire, as they have less of a failure rate.

·
Premium Member
61,390 Posts
imported post

Cousin Jack wrote:
Foodman wrote:
AZgl1500 wrote:
Foodman wrote:
What make of tire ??
look at the title again.

A Dunflopped Weekend

John

I don't know if "Dunflopped" is a town in Texas, but "Humptulips" is a town in Washington!
CJ

Do theymake tires there ??

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
imported post

larryinseattle wrote:
Try a car tire, as they have less of a failure rate.
UPS tracking says my Dunlop Wintersport 175/60/16 is going to be delivered today...

I was figuring I'd post a full set of pic's on how it mounted and do a write up of my first impressions and maybe later adding a overview summary.

·
Premium Member
10,253 Posts
imported post

Well kips, with all of the 100 degree plus days we have been having, its a wonder it lasted this long....Day before yesterday while backing out of my parking place, it felt like the front end was coming out from under my Jeep, all of the "jumping, and squealing sounds" coming from my front tires....Took off work yesterday early to have Discount tire check them, they said that my tires were OK, but that all of the excessive heat we are having has caused lots of tires to separate????....

It's kinda funny but back in the day, I ran, I think Dunlop rim grips....Now that was a set of tires I loved....Get a flat and the tire gripped the rim and you could make a safe stop.....Now that tire is not made???...Yokohama tires??? I ran them on my wife's Guzzi, and on one car we had, never had any problems, now they are Shinko, I've heard both good and bad on these tires, just wondering has or is anyone running Shinko's and are they worth putting on a Wing???..

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
imported post

baron...

DrifterTex in Corpus had a set of Shinkos... he says they behave okay but the wear out REAL fast.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.