Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I have a few things I want to run by you guys.

1. I want to put a windshield on my '75 GL1000. I have seen the ones that are fairing-sized but I want something smaller. Something that takes the brunt of the wind off your chest so you don't have to fight the wind to sit up. Any suggestions?

2. It has been cooler in Atlanta the past couple of weeks. It is the first cool weather since I got the bike running this summer. When the outside temp is 60's or below the bike is very slow to run without the choke. I have to run progressively less choke until it is firmly in the fat portion of the temp gauge. Until it reaches that point I have to run it with about 3/4" of choke or it will blubber along as though one cylinder is not firing. Any pointers on this would be very much appreciated.

3. Has anyone had any luck locating stock muffler clamps for where the muffler plugs into the headers?

Thanks very much.

Benny

·
Premium Member
231 Posts

·
Registered
1,468 Posts

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
imported post

the choke thing is normal for that bike.

·
Junior Grue
8,153 Posts
imported post

scotterichmond wrote:
RayJay1959 wrote:
Is this a standard goldwing without a fairing? Something like this will work...

http://www-b.jcwhitney.com/deflector-screen-windshields/p2000664.jcwx?

or

a little wider for more deflection....

http://www-b.jcwhitney.com/hellfire-ss-24-windshields/p2017188.kmailjcwx?
those look good and will probably do what he wants, My concern is the handling , since those mount to the forks and not the frame.
I had a Slipstreamer on my CB900C and it gave me a few more months of riding spring and fall.

As for handling, I noticed no difference up to 90mph where I started to get head shake from the wind buffeting. I never took it beyond that point as I wanted to live to ride another day.:shock:

·
Premium Member
275 Posts
imported post

They can be cold blooded beasts. Have you tried running some Seafoam through the fuel system? Something may clean up inside the carbs and allow it to run a little richer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.