Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Premium Member
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I would like to seeHonda to build a one-up Gold Wing for solo riderssimular tothis K1200LT BMW. Also, the BMW style windshield is much more effective at reducing buffeting.

·
Premium Member
277 Posts
imported post

:clapper::clapper:Would totally agree. 90 precent of my riding is alone. I like the look of that BMW and might consider getting one one day or at least trying it out. Goldwing doesn't have to make it a solo ride all the time just give us something to fill in the backseat that is removeable when riding 2 up

Attachments

·
Premium Member
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

I agree fully. I had a Harley Ultra Classic that made an adjustable trunk for solo riding setup and was fairly easy to convert it back to 2 up setup. The BMW setup is pretty much limited to solo riding only but it sure does look comfortable.

I do 95% of my riding also solo.I would just like to have the option of a 1 up setup.

This isn't a very good view but you can see the solo setup on my Ultra Classic.

·
Premium Member
2,480 Posts
imported post

Wow.......great Harley!!!!

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
imported post

Design a auxillary fuel tank to sit back there.

·
Premium Member
4,040 Posts
imported post

RonSena wrote:
But what happens if you should get lucky and need a spot for a passenger...........
:cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:

·
Premium Member
283 Posts
imported post

My old CB550 had an adjustable sissy bar that moved up to be a backrest for the driver position for 1-up and back to the luggage rack for those 'lucky' days. It was a matter of loosening 2 bolts (with big star-shaped handles), sliding the backrest/sissy bar, and re-tightening. The whole adjustment took less time than it would have taken her to change her mind! :cheeky1: I attached a trunk to the back of the sissy bar that moved with the backrest.

When I would go camping, I would move the backrest forward, and still had room on the luggage rack to strap gear. With it in the 2-up position, the luggage rack was covered by the trunk, but we could fit all of our picnic gear in it.

Maybe an adjustable trunk is the way to go. You can move it forward for solo riding and have a backrest, and back for double. Now if someone can help me retro-fit my GL1100 . . .

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

Get a Silver Wing!! It has a cover to go over the passenger seat for 1-up riding.

·
Premium Member
2,003 Posts
imported post

iive sewn up the backrest and seat but havent had time to finish off the seat. JB

Attachments

·
Premium Member
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
imported post

ccsailor wrote:
RonSena wrote:
But what happens if you should get lucky and need a spot for a passenger...........
:cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:
I didn't know getting lucky had anything to do with having a passenger on your Wing. I'm with RonSena on this one.:cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:

·
Premium Member
1,847 Posts
imported post

its a bit like a 2 seater sports car, normally you dont need any more seats until you buy one then you find out how impracticle they are.

i must admit though, it would be a good idea to have something that can be used for extra storage and then removed for 2 up riding

·
Premium Member
6,193 Posts
imported post

ccsailor wrote:
RonSena wrote:
How's that getting lucky??When your trulylucky you dont get a passenger:cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:

·
Premium Member
913 Posts
imported post

Well....Go buy the BMW then............

·
Premium Member
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
imported post

redeyes88 wrote:
Well....Go buy the BMW then............
Well Sir, If BMW didn't have the problems they had the last time I checked, I may have already done that by now.

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
imported post

I saw one of the new BMW solo touring bikes today . Looked like a very nice bike to me.
Even the seat is different. Or maybe he had a custom seat on it. Still a sit up straight bike though, not much room to shift around, but all in all looked like a nice bike.

Kit

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.