Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,739 Posts
imported post

I'm not so sure that your arguments hold much water Kit.

Lighting? with todays lighting advancements (LED'S, HID's) ect) just about any bike could be made to shine nearly as bright as the Sun.

Power? All of the 600 cc. sport bikes being made today are over 100 hp. That's plenty when you start calculating the power to weight ratio. They can squirt away from a potential hazard quicker than a Wing.

Flashy, reflective clothing, decals, Where a person rides their bike in traffic (staying out of blind spots, ect) can all be used to make a rider more visible in traffic.

I like the big bikes for their comfort factor. Their stability on the open road and their ability to carry more. I am a big fan of having the ability to carry a woman on my bike in relative comfort.

If mama ain't happy..........

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
imported post

norton wrote:
I'm not so sure that your arguments hold much water Kit.

Lighting? with todays lighting advancements (LED'S, HID's) ect) just about any bike could be made to shine nearly as bright as the Sun.

Power? All of the 600 cc. sport bikes being made today are over 100 hp. That's plenty when you start calculating the power to weight ratio. They can squirt away from a potential hazard quicker than a Wing.

Flashy, reflective clothing, decals, Where a person rides their bike in traffic (staying out of blind spots, ect) can all be used to make a rider more visible in traffic.

I like the big bikes for their comfort factor. Their stability on the open road and their ability to carry more. I am a big fan of having the ability to carry a woman on my bike in relative comfort.

If mama ain't happy..........
Only pipes hold water. I do not hold water, it drains out every couple hours. :cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:

Kit

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
imported post

I just wish we could have more leg room for us taller riders as they could bring the handle bars back some and make the seat slideable by a couple of inches. I back seat is a hauler all of the time when needed for such. It's by using my good friends called bungy cords to type down my biker bag.

·
Premium Member
4,573 Posts
imported post

Over in the UK we have quite a few Ladies that ride trike's and the odd
motorbike and side-car however I can only think of two solo riders,
One rides a 1200 and the other rides an 1800,

·
Premium Member
51 Posts
imported post

I got the answer it's a vtx 1800 for one up trips.

·
Premium Member
97 Posts
imported post

my 82 wingding has a 2004 yamaha roadstar seat and kuriakin tombstone (backrest) bag as I ride single. I seem to have an old, fussy ass and this combo is pretty comfortable for me.

·
Registered
384 Posts
This should fill the bill...

Honda F6B

41 - 53 of 53 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.