Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Administrator
26,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a good ride today, all by myself. My usual riding buddies were going farther north than I have time for, it takes me 2 hours to get to where they meet. So It being a beautiful day I went by myself. Made 438 miles and enjoyed all but a few feet of it, deer were out today too and I had to dodge a couple.

·
Premium Member
1,851 Posts
What part of the Ozarks? Past few years I have made it to Branson, and Eureka Springs. Not looking like I will make it this year. A friend of mine from Texas hopes we can meet up in Mena Ak. sometime this summer instead.
gumbyred

·
Administrator
26,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
All over the Arkansas Ozarks. Didn't know Alaska had a Mena but I live 60 miles from Mena Ar.

·
Premium Member
1,976 Posts
438 Miles per day is a bit much but I definitely miss long distance trips. Hopefully in the fall we'll be done with the mess we're in and can go for some far away trip.
Riding alone has its rewards too. Glad you enjoyed the mountains
My friend Ray( we were neighbors in NJ and are neighbors here in Edgewater ) bought himself a beautiful 2014 GL 1800 and for sure we'll be visiting the Ozarks one more time. I will get in touch with you for a guided tour of the area.

I dont know if you're informed about the new technology. They have phones these days that you can take pics with and post them on web sites.
You could deliver of fresh breath of air to those stuck at home

·
Administrator
26,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I dont know if you're informed about the new technology. They have phones these days that you can take pics with and post them on web sites.
You could deliver of fresh breath of air to those stuck at home
No time to stop & take pictures, especially when I ride alone. I do have a video camera but I reviewed the footage and didn't find anything I wanted to save.
Let me know when you plan to come up.

·
Premium Member
3,775 Posts
After 3 months of not being able to ride I got out for a short run yesterday. Knee replacement still a little sore but will get better. Calling for rain all weekend so will have to wait for a longer ride with Dave.

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
59,674 Posts
yeah,
it is wet wet wet here, and at 12 noon, it is so dark I need a flashlight.

·
Premium Member
747 Posts
I'm gonna cry ! Leaving ole Dodge out again. LOL Tuesday looks good. I believe Oark Store is open again. Might be a ride to eat soon.

·
Premium Member
3,775 Posts
Not for me, I head back out in the truck Monday. Will be Saturday's only for me

·
Premium Member
747 Posts
Glad you are better. Will be strange out on road again. Take care of that knee. You ain't a spring chicken anymore! LOL

·
Registered
82 Posts
I was there in the Ozarks one month ago. We should have gotten together. I was going to visit the general store but after the tar snakes about got me pulling into hwy 215 I had to go home and clean my drawers instead.

·
Administrator
26,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I was there in the Ozarks one month ago. We should have gotten together. I was going to visit the general store but after the tar snakes about got me pulling into hwy 215 I had to go home and clean my drawers instead.
I would have to go back and look, don't remember any tar snakes there. They used to be really bad on 23 south of Turner bend but that road has been re paved.

·
Premium Member
926 Posts
About 5 years ago some GWOF folks met in Mena, Ark. I rode I-49 south thru western MO; after the meet & greet I rode to Clarksdale, MS and took US-63 from Ark. to IA, going thru eastern MO. It was a fine trip; very nice motorcycling in MO! And along the Ole Miss in MN and IA is mighty fine too. No real mountains, but still plenty of twisties and sweep curves, hills, etc. And, the nicest folks in the US live in the Midwest!:whistle:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts