Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

A nab er and good friend of mine was killed last night as he lost control and went over a hill with about a 50 foot drop.I have known him for all his life and he has only been riding for about a year and half.Him and a bunch of other friends were at Quaker Steak and lube last night drinking and was on their way home and were speeding and he lost control.I still cant understand why anyone would drank heavy and then jump on a bike and ride

·
Premium Member
913 Posts
imported post

So sad to hear this,Drinkin and riding is asking for trouble...

·
Banned
1,176 Posts
imported post

Geez BigWing, how many times have we all played the game and made it......too bad and may he rest in peace.

·
Premium Member
2,614 Posts
imported post

My sincerest condolences, for your loss and his family's.

·
Premium Member
1,735 Posts
imported post

Let me start with saying I'm sorry to hear the sad news. Loss of a friend is never a good thing. I could see me having 1 or 2 beers (12 oz or so each) over the course of a meal, but any more than that is way too much. Heck I usually make the wife drive even then. Best of wishes to you and his family.

·
Banned
1,176 Posts
imported post

comeon PCFIX, every one of us has gone over the edge....some live....some die....so now your wife drives you home......but look back...give peace to a brother that didn'tmake it.

·
Premium Member
1,735 Posts
imported post

Predator wrote:
comeon PCFIX, every one of us has gone over the edge....some live....some die....so now your wife drives you home......but look back...give peace to a brother that didn'tmake it.
I wasn't trying to give him a hard time or anything, I was merely stating what I do. To each his own. Everyone handles their drinks differently but I can honestly say that I have never had more than 2 beers and drove home. I mostly have a few drinks at home or when I know that I'm not going anywhere so it's not a big deal for me. It's my personal choice. I'm with BigWing in not understanding why someone would drink heavy and ride though. Like I said, It's still sad to hear that a friend has passed on. He will be missed by many I'm sure.

·
Friend of Bill W.
1,930 Posts
imported post

Sorry to hear about your friend. It is sad.

I lost my brother to drinking and driving and we buried him on Christmas Eve of 1979.

I think one beer has an effect on your ability to react and have witnessed it over and over again. Say what you want to, but any drinking by someone I am riding with........ our ride is over for me. I don't go for it. I go solo from that point on.

·
Premium Member
1,238 Posts
imported post

I've been lucky, sorry for you friend and for his family, RIP.

·
Premium Member
961 Posts
imported post

May he rest in peace. Another tragic example of mixing drugs/alcohol and driving.:sadguy:

Hope his family will be taken care of.

·
Premium Member
6,422 Posts
imported post

Very sorry for the loss of your friend ,May he Rest in peace

·
Premium Member
4,424 Posts
imported post

my thoughts and prayers are with his family and friends, rest in peace brother:(

·
The Irish Crew
3,932 Posts
imported post

Sorry for your friend and his family. As an inexperienced biker, trying to keep up with the experienced riders may have been partly to blame.

·
Banned
12,287 Posts
imported post

For me, I know why. Today, ...I just don't drink. For me it ain't complicated anymore.

May your friend RIP BWD.

·
Premium Member
3,200 Posts
imported post

Very sad and sorry to hear. The loss of a friend is never easy to deal with. May his family and friends be comforted during this rought time.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.