Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

This article appeared in our local paper Wednesday past. It details a cruise ship set up to take 35 bikes (70 people) onCaribbean tours. At each stop they off load the bikes for touring the country side. This one is directed at Harley owners but I see no reason that Goldwings could not be included.

http://www.herald.ns.ca/stories/2005/02/02/fTravel134.raw.html

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
imported post

POLLUTION!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
2,381 Posts
imported post

At least it gets rid ofthe noise pollution.

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
imported post

But think of the poor plankton!

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

mjpliv wrote: :grinner:
This article appeared in our local paper Wednesday past. It details a cruise ship set up to take 35 bikes (70 people) onCaribbean tours. At each stop they off load the bikes for touring the country side. This one is directed at Harley owners but I see no reason that Goldwings could not be included.
Yes they off load them into skips ,,and they are brought around the countryside to show the natives what goes wrong when a bike is not assembled correctly, ie bits and pieces falling off,,,:grinner::grinner::grinner: god I can be nasty...:D:DCiaran

·
Banned
596 Posts
imported post

Better not take a GL1200, theyll throw it as well!!!

Q. - How can one tell the difference between a Harley - Davidson and a Honda GL1200 thrown overboard from a cruise ship?

A. The Harleys float.

·
Premium Member
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

All joking aside (this was started as a serious thread) I am sure that the same type of tour would be successfull if it was marketed toall brands of bike - Goldwings included. I am sure that the local inhabitants would appreciate 35 big bikes that purred through their countryside rather than rumble.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Traveling (Travelling to you far Easterners) the Alaska Highway and going one way or the other on the Alaska Marine Highway ferries sometimes looks like that when a whole bunch of bikes travel together.

·
Banned
596 Posts
imported post

Sounds like fun, but id want to be sure both it and me were legal to operate at the various ports of call. Would not be cool to arrive and get tickets. International drivers license??

·
Premium Member
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
imported post

Thats all covered in the article. The guy who organized it has made all the arrangements for each port of call, clearing the bike/licensingissues in advance.

·
Banned
596 Posts
imported post

exavid wrote:
Traveling (Travelling to you far Easterners) the Alaska Highway and going one way or the other on the Alaska Marine Highway ferries sometimes looks like that when a whole bunch of bikes travel together.

That wouldnt be too far from WA. be a nice trip 'specially in non-Igloo season. I hear some of the places are warm in winter due to ocean winds.

Oh, and to translate, "Easterners" are those living East of somewhere around the Blues (Idaho/Utah or places not visible from the Space Needle in Seattle which i recommend as a tourist stop, good restaurant upstairs) and the speech is definitely different.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Nah, to me Easterners are anyone living East of Mt. Rainier!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.