Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

After the weekend from hell, wrecked bike, bruised ribs, difficulty sleeping and unable to get up from a prone position or drive a car with no pain, I decided to visit my sleeping wing whose battery had been on charge since before the crash.

I switched on the ignition, pressed the button and she coughed and fired before I realised the choke was off, pulled the choke and pressed again, straight away she fired and ran clean, the 500 that got wrecked would not run clean till 30 mins after starting

I was going to pull her onto the main stand but discretion won the day, after all bruised/strained ribs an 500kg motorcycle going onto a mainstand, bit of a no brainer really !

Now all I need to do is fit the repair kit to the master cylinder and get the pistons out of the calipers and rebuild them (after the fun of the 500, no matter what the pistons look like I might treat them to new ones)

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,195 Posts
imported post

Phil,

Glad to hear you are moving around better. Yeah, you want to give those ribs a little more healing time before you start trying to lift that 1100 up on the center stand :D

Hope all is going well, and really glad to hear you typing away with us again.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.