Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

:cheeky1:Oh well, left the house around 2:30 this afternoon for "milk" (yeah right).

:jumper::11black::cooler::banana:

Hooked up with some friends and eventually we ran about 300 miles down into NC running the back country roads. 98 degrees F. with 70% humidity.

Great day with good friends!:toast:

Here's hoping you all had a great weekend?:byebye:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

Hey Harry, nice bike, very similar to my first two, many many years ago!

I notice the tour box, is that your lap top on the lid or a pancake cooking grill?:baffled::goofygrin:

Wish I'd been with you on that ride, the weather over the weekend was c**p here, typically the sun is back out, now we're back to work.:whip:

Pete

·
Premium Member
418 Posts
imported post

Harrystoy:

Your wife must have been really happy about the long wait for the milk!:baffled:

·
Premium Member
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

ubarw wrote:
Nice looking bike!
Thanks ubarw, I like yours too!:jumper:

·
Premium Member
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

Silverfox wrote:
Hey Harry, nice bike, very similar to my first two, many many years ago!

I notice the tour box, is that your lap top on the lid or a pancake cooking grill?:baffled::goofygrin:

Wish I'd been with you on that ride, the weather over the weekend was c**p here, typically the sun is back out, now we're back to work.:whip:

Pete
Thanks Pete!

If you ever do make it over here, your more than welcome to join us!:grinner:

·
Premium Member
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

dean wrote:
Harrystoy:

Your wife must have been really happy about the long wait for the milk!:baffled:
Dean , actually my wife works for the local constabulary during the graveyard shift!

Make's it great for my riding time, she's getting sleep and im not around the house making noise trying to complete projects!:jumper:

·
Premium Member
2,350 Posts
imported post

That is a great excuse to get out of house!!!!! You sure have a lot of good riding up that way!! :cheeky1: :cheeky1: :cheeky1:

·
Premium Member
774 Posts
imported post

Nice pics Harry. I'm just wonerding when I'm going to get to see the pics from the ride I took with you and the local G.W.R.R.A.?

By the way, if it's nice this weekend we'll have to hook up and go for a ride. The back is feeling better.

·
Premium Member
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
imported post

stretrod48 wrote:
That is a great excuse to get out of house!!!!! You sure have a lot of good riding up that way!! :cheeky1: :cheeky1: :cheeky1:
stretrod48 , maybe some day we can meet half way and go cruising?:grinner:

·
Premium Member
2,350 Posts
imported post

Sounds good to me Harry, I am off every other Friday, Saturday and Sunday. :goofygrin: :goofygrin: :goofygrin:

·
Premium Member
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
imported post

Rick S wrote:
Nice pics Harry. I'm just wonerding when I'm going to get to see the pics from the ride I took with you and the local G.W.R.R.A.?

By the way, if it's nice this weekend we'll have to hook up and go for a ride. The back is feeling better.
Rick, THATS GREAT NEWS! :jumper:

Cant wait for you and me to go riding again, maybe I can drag you out for a longer ride?

By the way did you see Randall's post on the other site about a GL1000 possible get-togther next year in the Smokies? I told him he could count on us showing up so we can run the "Gap" togther.............

PS: Do you have a "zip" program?

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
imported post

I just remember riding in St Louis... 85 degrees... 100% humidity.... sort of felt violated all over....

ahhhh... but a lousy day on a motorcycle is better than a great day at work anytime

the beginning of september I will be in alaska... and my byline will read... "been rained on in 50 states....

·
Premium Member
774 Posts
imported post

Harrystoy wrote:
Rick S wrote:

Rick, THATS GREAT NEWS! :jumper:

Cant wait for you and me to go riding again, maybe I can drag you out for a longer ride?

By the way did you see Randall's post on the other site about a GL1000 possible get-togther next year in the Smokies? I told him he could count on us showing up so we can run the "Gap" togther.............

PS: Do you have a "zip" program?
No I hadn't seen that one. I'll have to check it out and plan for it.

A longer ride wouldn't be a problem.

Yes I have a zip program.

·
Premium Member
1,662 Posts
imported post

rcmatt007 wrote:
I just remember riding in St Louis... 85 degrees... 100% humidity.... sort of felt violated all over....

ahhhh... but a lousy day on a motorcycle is better than a great day at work anytime

the beginning of september I will be in alaska... and my byline will read... "been rained on in 50 states....
As I left job #1 enroute to job #2 it was raining and windy and had cooled down into the low 70'sF. Within 20 minutes I had outran the rain cloud, was unzipping my jacket and venting my helmet and the temps were back up to 90.

You're right, lousy day on a bike beats great day at work. I have a fun-run with the Commissioner of the state's Dept. of Public Safety (job #1) and other employees on Friday. The cool thing is that since it's run by cops they block all the intersections so we don't have to stop at traffic signals.

Ruaidh

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
imported post

first week of september and the lady who puts up with me and I will be going to alaska... will be renting a bike for a day so we can say we have riden in 50 states.... told the lady at the rental agency, "If it doesn't rain, spray us with a hose when we bring it back, so we can say, 'been rained on in fifty states'".

·
Premium Member
2,350 Posts
imported post

rcmatt007 wrote:
first week of september and the lady who puts up with me and I will be going to alaska... will be renting a bike for a day so we can say we have riden in 50 states.... told the lady at the rental agency, "If it doesn't rain, spray us with a hose when we bring it back, so we can say, 'been rained on in fifty states'".
That sounds great and not many of us can say that for sure. We went thru 18 states on our South Dakota trip this year in June and I am glad to say we only got rained on in 5 states. I am going to sit down and figure up how many states we have riden in. I am sure it will not make it into the fourties.:grinner::grinner::grinner:

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
imported post

the long rides all started durin ght esummer of 1979 when we did the loop from oregon to yellowstone to missouri to az to home.

all our kids new growing up was that you traveled on a bike (with sidecar) and stayed in tents

·
Premium Member
2,350 Posts
imported post

I have never tried camping on a bike but I hope to try some next year. There was one nice older small camper that you pulled behind bike and it folded out and would sleep two people on Ebay. It weighed about 175 lbs or so anddid not sell. I did not make a copy of auction or details. I would love to try something like that without putting out a fortune in case it did not work out.:goofygrin:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.