1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

this was on CL

:cheeky1:

I have a homemade bike me and my brother built many years ago. Runs and drives but the back tire kind of rides sideways. The seat blew out a few years ago and I made do with a sofa cushion, duct tape and a couple of 2x 4's ( the ultimate fix! ). It runs like a champ but does smoke alot especially if you are hard on the gas. Uses about a quart of oil for each gas fillup. I usually just put the oil directly in the gas as it is going to burn it anyway and that way it is easy. Can't drive over 12 miles or so at a time as the motor gets red hot and starts loosing power so probably a good bike for someone who drives locally. Does backfire and squeel pretty loud occasionally so I usually wear earplugs of some kind. DOES NOT pass emmissions so would need to be registered in a county without emmisions check. Great first bike otherwise!

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Might not be a bad last bike either.:shock:

·
Premium Member
10,276 Posts
imported post

And where in Oregon, is that one located? :cheeky1:

·
Senior Guru
4,293 Posts
imported post

Luv that 1 ton front wheel. I wonder if that contraption is shaft drive??!! I can just imagine what the welds look like. Probably welded with battery's, or a torch.

Get me out of the way, if that thing is in the same county I'm in !! :p

Is that really in the Atlanta area. It's not in Oregon, I see. I seriously thought it might be in one of the developing (barely) countries.

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

that was atlanta. NO way would any of the tree huggers from the left coast ride a rig like that. Too much oil used, leaked, burnt, etc. Besides, that thing would look way stupid parked in front of Fourbucks while they get a nonfat, sugarfree, decaf, soy, latte (also known as a "why-bother?).

·
Premium Member
2,003 Posts
imported post

i think thats a scam. i thought i saw that bike in a old 1950s popular mechanics magazine. Maybe not there is a newer car in the background.JB

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

I think the whole thing was a gag, anyways... no price shown anywhere.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Yep, they used to make those wood bikes in Oregon until the Spotted Owl came along.:cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:With galvanized fittings they hold up real well in rain.:cooldevil:

·
Premium Member
10,276 Posts
imported post

I knew it!.............................

·
Premium Member
8,524 Posts
imported post

Weren't those on that show on cable something called junkyard wars. :gunhead:

·
Premium Member
6,097 Posts
imported post

You have just got to love a guy that is willing to cross the line and go his own course.

You can't tell me that at one time or another you wouldn't just like to try and make something off the wall... :baffled:

·
Premium Member
183 Posts
imported post

A good Harley owner's back up bike for sure! They are used to having alot of oil on hand.

·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
imported post

For some reason, a reason I can't figure out, that CL bike reminds me a lot of my first wife! Her rear end ran sideways, too!

:shock::shock::shock:

:cheeky1::cheeky1::action::action::cheeky1::cheeky1:

·
Premium Member
3,403 Posts
imported post

exavid wrote:
Yep, they used to make those wood bikes in Oregon until the Spotted Owl came along.:cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:With galvanized fittings they hold up real well in rain.:cooldevil:
What exactly do Spotted Owls have to do with motorbikes?

·
Senior Guru
4,293 Posts
imported post

The spotted owls come along and killed the wood mines. But, amazingly, they don't go north or south of US borders! smart birds, ~~~they! :cheeky1: So, no wooden USA bikes!

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Yeah, now the problem is Barred owls.:cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:

The problem is they don't live up to their name.:cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:

Don't worry it's all related to wooden motorcycles.:cooldevil::cooldevil:

·
Premium Member
2,344 Posts
imported post

JBZ wrote:
i think thats a scam. i thought i saw that bike in a old 1950s popular mechanics magazine. Maybe not there is a newer car in the background.JB
Is this the one you're thinking of?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
449 Posts
imported post

That is likely it LilJack, There were actually 2 of the bikes made. I think they were called the "Road Dog" . The guy that built them (in the pic) was shot by police if I recall correct. I Recall seeing somethin on TV about the bike, Last time it was avtually ridden was by some guy doing a article on it for a magazine. He laid it over at the first turn he came to and the owner put it back on the trailer. I think he still takes it to some shows.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.