Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I just had to bleed my slave cylinder on the clutch. How about Mother Honda thinking about where they put things that are going to require regular attention.

I could barely get my hand into the area for the bleeder and then couldn't get more that just a little movement on a wrench to brake it open.

·
Premium Member
2,838 Posts
imported post

I believe Honda makes these Wings so they will be too dificult on some things so that some will have to take it back to Honda after the warrranty runs out. Some or Most Honda dealers will not work on a Goldwing over 10 years old. At least that's that the way it is here in Gadsden, Alabama.
Nightrider1

·
Premium Member
1,765 Posts
imported post

Some things are difficult to get to for sure but it's hard to believe that they can get an engine with that many ccs in the area that they do and also have all the accessories that they have.

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
imported post

I used a socket and a couple of extensions and it wasn't to bad to bleed the clutch.

·
Senior Guru
3,589 Posts
imported post

Same here. Small quarter inch drive ratchet and long extension made it easy. Sometimes it just pays to use the right tool for the job.

·
Premium Member
546 Posts
imported post

yep just did mine and used a socket and extension and you can bleed it without help then no yelling at the wife.

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
imported post

Looks like I've got to drill and tap for new screws in the clutch master cyl cover.

Do you know if there is a cover gasket in the rebuild kit.

Vic

·
Premium Member
546 Posts
imported post

Al Himer wrote:
Looks like I've got to drill and tap for new screws in the clutch master cyl cover.

Do you know if there is a cover gasket in the rebuild kit.

Vic
Try taking a drummel and a cutting wheel and gently cutting a flat head slot in the existing screw head and before you try turning it put some PB Blaster on it. That's how I got one ofmine out.

·
Premium Member
701 Posts
imported post

I have a tendency to think the locationand access to those componentson our Goldwings are the nature of it's over-all design. Everything is so compact because of the limited space. That's one of the reason service tech's have to have special tools.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.