Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Magic Moderator
4,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did find out something interesting about this little Goldwing from a collector, it is a rare item and hard to find. They didn't make many of them and it's a 1/18 scale. What I found interesting is that it is all metal with very little plastic. My others are mostly plastic with some metal parts. You don't find Goldwings in the diecast model section at Walmart, but you can find a lot of HD's. I'm looking for the 1/6 scale Guiloy GL1500 that's another hard to find one.

·
Administrator
25,753 Posts
That's a nice one. I have an all metal 1100 interstate that the trunk is a cigarette lighter, probably 1/16.

·
Magic Moderator
4,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's an interesting one, never saw one. I'm going to guess its old. The only one I found on ebay was a zippo.

·
Administrator
25,753 Posts
That's an interesting one, never saw one. I'm going to guess its old. The only one I found on ebay was a zippo.

Probably is old. It fell from a shelf unfortunately and the fairing broke off, tried to JB weld it back on but it didn't stay. I bet the fairing weighs 1/4 pound.

·
Premium Member
1,357 Posts
Dave, can you drill small holes in the broken edges then JB weld the parts together using small solid wire for pins in the holes?

·
Administrator
25,753 Posts
Dave, can you drill small holes in the broken edges then JB weld the parts together using small solid wire for pins in the holes?

Been meaning to do just that but since I seldom look at it and never think of it I haven't yet.

·
Magic Moderator
4,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
#10 is on the way, I managed to find the Portland Gray one. Should be in next week.
In the first pic you see a car, a marble and a half glass sphere; these are things I have found when walking: the car was found in Butler PA, the marble in Bellaire Ohio, and the glass was found in Lovington NM, I also found an expensive laptop bag in the trash that was in great shape.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts