Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
68 Posts
imported post

First off, let me start thanking the creators and administrators of this great forum. It has been helpful and informative for me. From showing how to unlock my trunk, to using Seafoam, to providing a wealth of knowledge and general pleasure from reading all the various commentary that goes on daily.

But, what I'm really writing about, is to thank AZGL1500. See I also have been frustrated with the lack of service centers, Honda dealers included that won't work on my 89 1500. Well, John mention a little shop in our area calling D&D Discount Motorcycles that does a lot of work on Goldwings and does Trike conversions. Well I've been trying different things to smooth out my bike and it's rough idling and surging. And since I don't have a place to tear down my bike and leave it torn down. I decide that I would take John's recommendation and take it to D&D to have the carbs torn down, re-built, and sync'd.

Well, I went and picked it up last night and it purrs like a kitty. It was an absolute joy to ride home. I was talking to a couple of the guys out front of D&D and they were telling me that Mark (at D&D) is a top notch Wing mechanic, and after riding my bike, I would have to agree. It use to buck and bog down something awful. Last night it was idling smooth as butter, and when I let out the clutch it immediately took off, even without giving it any gas. It's such a pleasure to ride now. I be spending more time on it now that it has become fun again.

Thanks again John and all the best for Mardonna.

·
Premium Member
8,524 Posts
imported post

I totally agree with you about this forum. It is a wealth of information. I want to thank you for the good report on a service center, we hear so much of the bad ones it's good to about the good ones.

Happy Holidays:santawaving::snowman::action::santahat:

·
Premium Member
555 Posts
imported post

Boy, I wish I could find a good place up here in Pittsburgh that could do good carb work.

Hickey

·
Premium Member
529 Posts
imported post

I do all my own maint and repairs on my wings, but if there would ever be a time that someone else has to work on it, the only one would be D&D.

There is another Goldwing shop in the valley and I had to pick up a master cylinder kit from them, there was a 50% mark up from what I could get it for on line. I don't hold them from making some profit, but I had to ride 70 miles to pick it up, and then to get reamed that way was too much, I will never get parts from them again, nor will I even tell anyone they ae there.

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,151 Posts
imported post

Hi again e022313,

I am really glad to hear that you are happy with Mark & Mel.

They have never, ever, given me a reason to doubt "why I use them."

They manage to give me competitive pricing on stuff too. I check stuff out on the web, and then give Mel a call and ask if he carries or can get the same item. If yup, I nearly always get it from them.

Sometimes he tells me to order it from XYZ because he can't beat their price. You don't hear that much in today's world.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.