Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

We are going to look at another Mazda Miata this morning...... a snappy, quick sporty car for my snappy and sporty, but mainly lovely, Red. She admits to being nervous about climbing back on the bike. Her restored and graceful hand still aches every hour of every day, after our accident nine months ago. She's earned the right to have a choice; she has sat behind me for 250,000 plus touring miles, never complaining, never unpleasant -- in nearly every state, including two trips to Alaska and one to Europe, she's been right there, sharing the sun, the rain, the heat, the cold, the joy, the sorrow, the pain, the love......

She's always loved to drive...she was looking better than a woman should behind the wheel of a black Mustang convertible back when we first got together, when I first laid eyes on her in a serious manner..... that smile, that hair...belongs in a convertible, always did! Will I miss her behind me on the seat? Yeah, probably..... I think I was subconsciously aware of this possibiliy when I replaced my scunched 1500 with the ST1300 rather than an 1800... thoughtdeep down that I might be on it solo..... Will I miss her a lot? Of course..........but not for long!

Because 30 or so seconds behind me, on whatever highway I'm burning up on the ST, grinning in my rearviewslike the sexy madwoman she is, will be my indefatigable Red! In her Miata! Red hair blowin' in the wind! May not be the purist's way, but it will be our way........yessir!

Did you know that a four person Eureka Timberline, two sleeping bags, and a Coleman air mattess will just fit in that hinky-dinky Miata trunk? What a kawinky dink!

:cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
imported post

Had a Mazda Speed MX-5 (Miata) for several years. Lots of fun to drive. Was driving the twisty's one day and passed a local deputy coming the other way around a curve. He turned around, caught up with me and pulled me over to have a discussion about my speed around said curve. I told him that driving the Miata around curves like that was like driving a slot car. I really could have gone a lot faster and still been fine. He looked at me, looked at the car, started laughing, told me to slow down and then got back in his car and left. And honest, every time I drove that road from then on I really thought about slowing down. :)

·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

That same thing happened to me several years ago in my Mustang convertible. I was going 80 in a 55. The officer that pulled me over said "black car, red interior. Doesn't it get hot?" My only reply was........"Only when I slow down!" He couldn't help but smile. Told me to keep the speed down and walked back to his car, grinning. Sometimes it just can't be helped! :D

Red

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
imported post

I have a friend with a beautiful Miata Shension Edition with extremely low miles he is thinking of selling. I would buy this car in a hearbeat if I didn't own my Vette. It is a metalic grey with black interior and more of the newer style. Let me know if you are interested.

Bernie

·
Premium Member
92 Posts
imported post

With our Wing down for repairs and partially apart, She Who Keeps the Money really enjoyed her little Capri Convertable last summer. While I firmly believe she will be setting on my pillion shortly after I get the Wing on the road (next month, hopefully), I'm sure she'll want to spend some time in the Capri with the top down. Fun little car to drive!

·
Premium Member
319 Posts
imported post

Ah yes. The Miata. What a fine car and so much fun to drive. We have decided that we will go that route if it ever becomes difficult to ride the Wing. No three wheeler for us. I love the Miata. She will not be sorry (and me thinks you will be stealing it from time to time)!

·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

Dubswing wrote:
I have a friend with a beautiful Miata Shension Edition with extremely low miles he is thinking of selling. I would buy this car in a hearbeat if I didn't own my Vette. It is a metalic grey with black interior and more of the newer style. Let me know if you are interested.

Bernie
Might be at that, Bernie.....ask and find out, then pm me...

BTW, my brother just got a high job with Auto Zone, and guess where he's moving? Into a safe neighborhood (he hopes) around Memphis! Might be seeing you one of these days!

·
Premium Member
4,608 Posts
imported post

I've often thought to myself," Hmmm. Miyata. Yeah, me otta have one! Nice little car! You know CJ, that's making lemonade outa lemons. You guys have something sacred, and beautiful together.How cool to see the fun ahead, instead of bein bummed out. Salute! peace, jimsjinx

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
imported post

CJ, PM sent!

Bernie

·
Premium Member
1,082 Posts
imported post

Let her get her own bike. then you won't have any issues about packing enough for the two of you on one bike.

·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
imported post

Hey Bob! I've always loved riding behind CJ. Have never wanted my own bike.....still don't. We've never really had an issue with packing.....you just have to down size!

:cooler:

Red

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
imported post

Red, I will get pics of the Miata for you!

Bernie

·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
imported post

Bernie! Would really appreciate the pictures. Would you be willing to drive it to Memphis to deliver it to CJ's brother if we decide to purchase it? He should be moved in in a week. It will take us about a week to get the money out of our tax sheltered annuity. Right now, I can drive but don't have the time to go get it; CJ has the time but can't drive yet; but brother Dave could take delivery, pay and store it for us until June. What do you think?

Thanks again,
Red

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
imported post

Red, I think I could do that for you and Mel. I will get pics this weekend and send them to you by Monday.

Bernie

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
imported post

Midwing, can't get the pic to open, could you send it again?

Bernie

·
Premium Member
1,015 Posts
imported post

CJ

I have a 1993 Miata with a broken engine for sale..I'd rather buy and ride a GW than work on this car...

I will be moving in to a new house soon and don't have time to work on the car..

Will be putting it on CL soon...

Good luck in your search.....

·
Premium Member
745 Posts
imported post

Dubswing wrote:
Midwing, can't get the pic to open, could you send it again?

Bernie
Sent link by PM

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
imported post

I got your PM! Just like my friend's car!

Bernie

Mel, PM me your e-mail address and I will send pics of the Miata. We are going to change the oil and probably install a new battery although it started fine on Sunday. I like the idea of a trip on the Parkway with you guys!

Bernie

·
Premium Member
745 Posts
imported post

Hey Dubswing!!

Glad you got the pic opened up ok. Cute little thing isn't she?

Eric

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.