Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
935 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I hope this is not a non starter but how about a thank you forum. A lot of this web sight is helping fellow goldie owners with their troubles with these babies.

The guru's that answer often do so with only whats written in the messages and are usually able to help without hearing or seeing the problem.

It occured to me that many of these threads don't end with any note to say how things went and who gave the advice that solved it.

How about itWingnut.:cool:

·
Premium Member
10,276 Posts
imported post

That has always been an issue by some, me included. It would be just as easy to add your thank you to the thread you started, when you were looking for help. Why start another? Everyone doing a search, would see the issues AND if the suggestions were followed AND if they were successful.

IMHO :waving:

·
Premium Member
953 Posts
imported post

Mike is right. People who don't take the time to update a thread and say thanks or let us know the outcome are hardly likely to make a new topic in a "Thank You" forum. Those that do say thanks usually do so in the thread they started and that keeps it all together and that makes more sense than having to go to another forum to read a thank you note.

·
Premium Member
935 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

Well thats me shot down in flames.

There is a lot of sense in what you guys have said. I always say thank you personally in my threads to those who help me out with good advice.

It just struck me that there are those who give a lot on here and have to dig to find out what has happened following there advice.

Those that don't follow up with an outcome and say thanks will always do so.

I guess subject closed.

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
imported post

Well how do I say this, hope I do not mess it up. As one who is always trying to help someone, I have never really cared if someone says Thank You. It is just not important to me. Always a nice part of the situation, when they do say Thank You, but not really expected or even thought about really.

In any organized club, forum, organization, there will always be a core membership of a few members who get to know each other and work together. We learn about each other, what makes each other tick, and develop friendships. Others come and go all the time, always welcome, but many do not stick around.

Also you cannot force folks to do things. They have to want to do it or do things on their own. A return note to say, Thank You , your suggestion worked and all is now well, is always nice to see, but that is not why most of us do this.

For myself I am interested in motorcycles and the people who ride them . I really do not expect nor look for return or thanks. That is not at all why I get involved in lots of things.

Dealing with the public which is actually what we do, is sometimes a risky thing. For example I told a person once that his noise from his engine was the gaskets most likely on the exhaust and he should check the seals or tighten the nuts..................well........he did.............broke one off. :D:D Nope no Thank You, he said a few other things:cheeky1::cheeky1: such is life.

Anyways please do not feel that you have been flamed down. It is just what it is dealing with the public. Those of us who do try to help all the time really are not looking for Thanks, always appreciated, but never really looked for.

Respectfully:

Kit

·
Premium Member
683 Posts
imported post

How about a forum thread for a rating and review of vendors/individuals who have helped us out? This would be a great way to also group vendors who sell hard to find parts. I had some real good luck with a couple of individuals on ebay who sell used gold wing parts and I'm sure I will eventually need help from someone on this site. So I'll go ahead and say thanks for the help right now.

·
Premium Member
1,424 Posts
imported post

Maybe a "Good Ebayers" pinned thread, instead of a forum?

You oughta see the problems my British Bike community has with one individual from Chicago. He works with a predictable system. Establish new screen name. Pad feedbacks with buys of trinkets from a second screen name to build feedbacks to the minimum number needed to use BIN in his auctions.

Then it is off to the races! He has been doing it for YEARS, and Ebay does nothing about it.

·
Premium Member
10,276 Posts
imported post

It's not the thank you's I'm talking about, as much as the feedback as to whether or not, a suggestion helped. When a question is asked, there are a whole range of recommendations given. I'm only looking to a final answer, whatever worked for any given problem.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.