Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Not trying to sell things and this may or may not come to be, but I think in the near future this new forward mount peg will be available. It a unique solution and just wanted to show it to all of you with those long legs. The peg mounts with the center valve cover bolts and folds in completely out of the way. Nice and neat.

New Forward Peg Setup for the GL1800 - GL1800Riders

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

Nice find, now if they could make some for the older Wings I'd want a set. Can't afford to step up to an 1800 just to get some fancy footpegs.
:cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::shock::shock::shock::shock::action::action::action::action::action:

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Bagmaster wrote:
Nice find, now if they could make some for the older Wings I'd want a set. Can't afford to step up to an 1800 just to get some fancy footpegs.
:cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::shock::shock::shock::shock::action::action::action::action::action:
If left up to me we will get all you guys on an 1800. :D

·
Premium Member
465 Posts
imported post

Kit Carson wrote:
Bagmaster wrote:
If left up to me we will get all you guys on an 1800. :D
Excellent idea Kit.:clapper: Then I can buy up a bunch of 1500's real cheap!

·
Premium Member
20,586 Posts
imported post

Man!! I like them a lot!!! I may have two sets of Kurys for sale! :cool:

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
imported post

Good looking and it looks like your feet are still close to the controls, which is what I like.

Bernie

·
Premium Member
6,947 Posts
imported post

I just wonder about the direct heat transfer from the pegs and valve covers to your boots?

Anyone remember the Drag Spec boards that mounted on top of the valve covers of the 1100? Anyone put their feet up on them for more than a couple minutes after riding for half an hour or so?

·
Premium Member
349 Posts
imported post

Yep, need more feedback after they hit the market but they sure keep the good looking lines of the 1800 when not in use.

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,207 Posts
imported post

Looks like an interesting concept, would want to give them a test ride to see if the position is comfortable for me.

Definitely cleaner looking than other options so far.

·
Premium Member
2,419 Posts
imported post

I've been looking the Mick-O-Peg Model DD & DL foot pegs.

Having my feet 'out' like that is hard on the knees - hitting the cowling. I'd rather be 'tucked in' than spread out. If there was a way to try them both out, I would. But, gotta buy to try. So....going on visual only, I'd have to go with the Micks, they look more comfortable. Although I am getting comfortable riding with the stock pegs.

·
Premium Member
1,424 Posts
imported post

Kit Carson wrote:
Not trying to sell things and this may or may not come to be, but I think in the near future this new forward mount peg will be available. It a unique solution and just wanted to show it to all of you with those long legs. The peg mounts with the center valve cover bolts and folds in completely out of the way. Nice and neat.

As most of my rides are long, this peg almost looks too good. Nice job of engineering.

As for color, I don't spend too much time looking down but out front.:cheeky1::cheeky1: :action:

Sorry, couldn't pass it up.

Longboater,

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
imported post

Longboater wrote:
Kit Carson wrote:

As most of my rides are long, this peg almost looks too good. Nice job of engineering.

As for color, I don't spend too much time looking down but out front.:cheeky1::cheeky1: :action:

Longboater,
Well I do have two questions about them . One is will the motor heat cook your feet or does the open top housing cover insulate you well enough. I suppose time will tell about that.

They look nice and fold out of the way, but do seem a bit high. They may actually work out better for those with shorter legs. I know I like my Mick-O-Pegs as I can completely lower my feet and stretch out.

Personally I think it is going to be a tough thing to beat the Micks.

Kit

·
Registered
297 Posts
imported post

They look great, but I think my legs are too for them. I don't think the heat would be a big problem with boots on.

·
Premium Member
1,424 Posts
imported post

Kit Carson wrote:
Longboater wrote:
Kit Carson wrote:

Longboater,
Well I do have two questions about them . One is will the motor heat cook your feet or does the open top housing cover insulate you well enough. I suppose time will tell about that.

They look nice and fold out of the way, but do seem a bit high. They may actually work out better for those with shorter legs. I know I like my Mick-O-Pegs as I can completely lower my feet and stretch out.

Personally I think it is going to be a tough thing to beat the Micks.

Kit
Short and stubby, that's me (and getting shorter too).

Need to straighten my knees every once in a while. I usually stand a little on the pegs on every over pass for knee workouts and excercise. Oh yah, airing out the dary aire as well.:cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:

Longboater

·
Premium Member
8,524 Posts
imported post

I would think that many (or a few) would miss the fact that they can adjust there forward foot position form time to time. It takes a few minutes but it can be done. This position will be static. I know that I change mine about twice a year. I use the forward rest most of the time and I like a change. Another .02 cents worth. :action:

·
Premium Member
2,250 Posts
imported post

Looks simular to what is used on a K1200LT BMW A friend has them on his beemer and says they are great.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.