Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

:cool:

I have been driving a Valk for some years now. It is highly tuned and has been converted to a single seater as my wife doesn’t ride. I love the machine but it is also my show bike for my company. It really garners a lot of attention. However, it is showing its age and we decided (my business partner and I) to bring it back to spec. This will be paint, lots of chrome, new wheels and maybe a supercharger. So I was thinking that in January I would look for a bike to ride while this is off the road for three months.

On Saturday, I went to my indy mechanic to buy rear brake for it. I noticed and elderly gentleman talking with the sales manager. He wanted to sell the bike to the dealership because he no longer rode. The manager wasn’t willing to pay him the price he wanted as he wasn’t looking at a new bike. The bike was a candy red 20[suP]th[/suP] anniversary goldwing se. I used my phone to log onto the internet and found a rough price of what it was worth. I interjected and suggested to the bike owner that I would pay $700 less then he wanted and then said to the sales guy that I would pay him $200 to facilitate the deal. This would include all the paperwork and a thorough microscopic inspection of the bike. They both agreed. I pick up my new old bike today. I can hardly wait.

On a sad note, I was run off the road on my Valk last eve and it has some serious damage to it. The silver lining is my company will be doing the refurbish this winter and the main damage is stuff that we plan to replace in any event.

I am an F6 fan. I know the engine very well having done all my own wrenching for many years. Unfortunately, the bike has too many miles to switch to synthetic oil. I will post a pic soon. If you are in my area, I love to meet new folks that ride so please let me know if that can be arranged.

Cheers

Dragoon

·
Premium Member
2,344 Posts
imported post

Welcome to the forum :waving:Enjoy the new to you Wing. Sorry to hear about the Valk but glad you aren't hurt, you didn't mention being hurt at least.

·
Premium Member
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

LilJack wrote:
Welcome to the forum :waving:Enjoy the new to you Wing. Sorry to hear about the Valk but glad you aren't hurt, you didn't mention being hurt at least.
My ego is bent out of shape and I have some road rash even though I was wearing protection. Timing could not be better as I mention because now we can start work on the show bike, my Valk.

·
Premium Member
1,081 Posts
imported post

Welcome Dragoon to a great and informative forum.

Congratulations on your goldwing purchase. Sometimes in life timing is everything huh?

I had a valk prior to wings and it's definately an awesome machine. :waving:

·
Premium Member
14,148 Posts
imported post

:waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving:

Hello from Virginia,

Welcome Aboard!!!!!

Glad to have you with us!

:waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving:

·
Premium Member
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Premium Member
1,081 Posts
imported post

very nice looking bike.

My 98 was the same color and it's definately the fastest color on the 1500's. :cooldevil:

·
Premium Member
20,585 Posts
imported post

Welcome from the State of Confusion......Kansas! :waving:

·
Piled Higher and Deeper
4,513 Posts
imported post

Welcome from here also!!

Carlsbad... ILOVE that place.. particularly the cove!!I am from the UC area (closer to LaJolla).. I'd say, lets have coffee sometime, but it will have to wait (see my signature).. and what dealer were you at?? Alba? Fun Bike??

SDB/Jim

·
Premium Member
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
imported post

sandiegobrass wrote:
Welcome from here also!!

Carlsbad... ILOVE that place.. particularly the cove!!I am from the UC area (closer to LaJolla).. I'd say, lets have coffee sometime, but it will have to wait (see my signature).. and what dealer were you at?? Alba? Fun Bike??

SDB/Jim
PM me when you get back.

Cheers

Paul

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.