Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1998 GL1500 SE
927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some years ago we had a link to a whole bunch of technical service articles, they are awesome. it seemed like Anything I wanted to service on my GL1500 was there with step by step instructions and pictures...

Anyone know where that link went?
My Brother bought a '96 SE and he'll be needing that - I thought I could save all of us his posted questions if I got that link for him.

Reactions: jetfixr

·
Administrator
27,122 Posts
Most of that stuff was lost for good when the forum changed but there are still several good threads in the reference & FAQ forum.

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,900 Posts
This is the very first one that Steve Saunders wrote, years before there was a forum.

this one got lost, I bookmarked it again.

Misc Quick Tips: I did a major search of the forum and looked for 'FAQ' and 'TIPS',
found all of these and bookmarked them into FAQ and Tips
( this is my personal Bookmarking System, which I update to the forum about twice a year )

This by No Means all of the useful threads, it is just 4 pages of 50+ pages that showed up for me.

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,900 Posts
the search box at the top of the forum, is actually more powerful than Google, and faster.
That is Xenforo's most valuable feature for us.... plus the new site is much faster than a few years back.

·
Premium Member
457 Posts
This might be the thread you are looking for:

Includes a link to all the original tutorials. Bikers Workshop Series

Why can't these be copied back onto the forum index page directly?

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,900 Posts

Andy,
that is exactly the very first one that I referenced in my 1st post... only the thread is contained on this forum, so that it retains the original look and feel.

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,900 Posts

Andy,
that is exactly the very first one that I referenced in my 1st post... only the thread is contained on this forum, so that it retains the original look and feel.

Also, here is another source of GL1500 technical information:

Scott does a good job for sure, but he tends to think that his forum is the only one that is "complete".
I bookmark his links as well as this forum....

Contrary to forums other than this one, and Scotts at *.docs, you can get banned for even thinking of linking outside of a specific forum..... those forums, I refuse to follow, or bookmark.

Gasp! I have even linked to an occasional Harley Davidson forum when the topic was relevant to the discussion here.

·
Premium Member
457 Posts
John.

I know from past posts that it was okay to share good info and links on this site where other forums are more about revenue sharing than information sharing.

Also, I think we referenced two different threads. Yours goes to one written by Wingnut. The one I linked to is AlanJayWeiner's and talks about "the wayback machine" which, you're right, is another URL. Wingnut's post links don't seem to work all the time.

Still curious why the entire encyclopedia can't just be restored somewhere front and center on the goldwingfacts.com URL.

Andy

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,900 Posts
Andy,
getting all of the old info restored onto this current forum is not one of VerticalScope's primary objectives.

They are more concerned with making all of their forums clones of each other, with different databases. From their perspective, that is necessary so that they only need to fix something "once" and then push that patch onto the 2,000 some forums that they own.

Our Moderator Staff has been pushing them hard to "fix" or "restore" features that we used to have in the previous forum software.... occasionally we get one small piece restored... but it has required the Staff here getting 'very angry' with them and accusing them of having just forgotten us.... which is not too far from the truth.

the list of things we want fixed is rather long, but the chance of any of it getting restored/fixed is rather remote it seems.

One of the most irritating things going on right now, is that when I make a post to a thread, the software now duplicates that post and acts like I tried to post it up twice. it does not matter what PC, what browser, or what kind of device I use, happens on my Smartphone also.... this irksome annoyance can be noted by looking below your post and seeing the same exact info setting there like you typed it tiwce, or double clicked the Submit button.... also in the Top Right Corner you cna see the flashing arrows going from left to right, just like on Ford cars.

I think the single most glaring and irritating feature is that when they changed our software, we lost a tremendous amount of pictures in some very technical threads... totally destoryed the thread's usefullness, as the text describes looking at a particular feature with an Arrow pointing to it, but the pix is missing. One of those threads was about a homemade Trike that had well over 200 pictures in it, all of them gone.

I could go on and write a book, but this is enough to make the point.

·
Registered
1996 Honda Goldwing GL1500 SE
1 Posts
First post here, wanted to start out with thanks to all you folks sharing your knowledge and experience here. Makes a huge difference to newbie's like myself. With some encouragement from wingrider101+ (my big bro) I recently picked up a fairly low mile 1996 GL1500 SE with a little road rash here and there, so I have a few things to fix cosmetically, but last few rides with my wife have been magical on that thing!

That list of common fixes upgrades, mods etc. will be EEEEHUUUGGE. Can't wait- for once it will be a short winter, since I know I won't have time to get everything done on the 'Wing that I want to.

·
Registered
1998 GL1500 SE
927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Welcome to our Great Forum Bro!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts