Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Premium Member
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

i was heading to work this morning around 5:45 when a deer ran out of nowhere and i hit her straight on at 55-60 mph , this is a sound i wont soon forget !!!! i was lucky and held the bike up but it sun the deer around the front of the bike and into my leg . after half the day in the ER i was told i only have severe bruising ,, well wish the bike was so lucky

Attachments

·
Premium Member
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
imported post

got alot of stuff to replace

Attachments

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts
imported post

Its a good thing when you survive a deer strike.

Join the club, once is enough...

Glad you are ok...

·
Premium Member
1,238 Posts
imported post

I feel your pain..........got mine in July of this year at 12:30 am. I went down with the bike though. Hope you heal fast, still time to ride.

·
Premium Member
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

ive got to replace the fairing , both lower fairings and the front fender

Attachments

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts
imported post

Glad to hear you are OK.:waving:

Never ride until daylight, because the thought of a deer strike scares the crap right outta me.:shock:

·
Premium Member
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

if anyone has some parts laying around i need them PLEASE ??

Attachments

·
Premium Member
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

dont know what hurts more ,, my body or looking at the bike

Attachments

·
Premium Member
80 Posts
imported post

Joined this club on 4/16/92 with a brand new Honda Nighthawk 750. Decapitated a pregnant doe and I walked away with a broken back. Yes, I walked away from it, wish the bike could have ridden away from it!

·
Bringer of Shenanigans
1,031 Posts
imported post

I don't see the deer alerts. Did they break off?

:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

·
Just one of the guys
4,805 Posts
imported post

I am glad you were not hurt any worse than you are.

I Will likely remember the BANG from hitting a deer on my wing a couple of years ago. Not a good sound at all.

Looking at the pics a couple of things stand out to me. With the fairing pushed into the engine guard as it appears in the photo it is quite possible the frame holding the fairing is bent. Gotta pull the fairing to see that for sure. Also the forks are likely tweaked, With mine it was in July and the deer still had spots but the triple clamp and one fork was bent. The dealer said they were OK but when I took them off later it was found the triple clamp was bent. The fork tube was too. It is not too hard to check the fork tube, PM me if you don't already know how.

·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
imported post

Welcome to the club, brother.... we, too, had deer hair stuck to our plastic, 2008...... five days in the hospital, four broken ribs...concussion...punctured lung....and one female hand nearly ripped off. Goddamn deer, damn them and the horse they rode in on.... time for somebody to take this issue seriously. How many riders do they kill a year?

·
Premium Member
626 Posts
imported post

Sure glad you're ok Countryboy. Sorry about the bike though :sadguy:

·
Lost on this *****
4,317 Posts
imported post

Glad your here to post about it. Your one lucky fella to get away like that.

·
Premium Member
101 Posts
imported post

Glad you are OK. Pray for a fast recovery. Good luck repairing the wing.

·
Premium Member
1,543 Posts
imported post

Excellent you walked away. Hope you get the bike back in shape and you recover with no lasting effects.

·
Premium Member
563 Posts
imported post

I hit my deer in June of 85, long time in hospital and on medical leave convalescing. Ruined my 750 Hondamatic almost killed me. Deer season that year was good however I did my share of herd reduction 14 +1 the one killed with the bike.

We gave venison salami and jerky away for Christmas presents. I agree with Cousin Jack.

Oh yea, Country Boy, glad your not seriously injured, the bike can be replaced or repaired.

·
Premium Member
3,965 Posts
imported post

glad to here your okay i have a front fender and frame for fairing i am in charleston you

might be able to plastic weld the crackes in the fairing that's what i did but mine where

on the black abs

·
Premium Member
2,614 Posts
imported post

Sorry about the bike, but glad the worst you've got is bruising. I'm sure the parts won't be that hard to replace and after a fresh paint job, you'll be back on the road with a story to tell.

Bikes are replaceable, you aren't.

·
Premium Member
6,132 Posts
imported post

Glad your OK, The Bike can be fixed or replaced, your mother can't make another one just like you now....

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.