Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

The las time I was in the UK 1997. I went intoa pub in Wigan England. They hadan ale called Cafferys I hope I spelled it correctly. It was pure nector. When I left the uk in 1980 you could not get it. Does anyone know if you can get it in the USA. Sorry this post was not Bike related. So here is somthing for the wingers. Going to get the GL beast shod this weekend in Montgomery Alabama. 350 dollars front and back installed and balanced. What would that cost in the UK.

·
Premium Member
1,088 Posts
imported post

Not sure about shoeing in the UK, but $350 sound about right for Ireland (that's about €290).

·
The Irish Crew
3,932 Posts
imported post

I'm just in from working nights and someone had to mention Caffreys just before I hit the bed. Aagh, I've only got milk in the fridge! :D

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

coal wrote:
The las time I was in the UK 1997. I went intoa pub in Wigan England. They hadan ale called Cafferys I hope I spelled it correctly. It was pure nector. When I left the uk in 1980 you could not get it. Does anyone know if you can get it in the USA. Sorry this post was not Bike related. So here is somthing for the wingers. Going to get the GL beast shod this weekend in Montgomery Alabama. 350 dollars front and back installed and balanced. What would that cost in the UK.
Welcome to the board Coal. :cool: Not sure about Caffreys Ale because ima non drinker of alcohol. :D I had new rubber (stones) fitted to my 1800 a few weeks ago and the complete job cost me 380euro. U.S.D. = 1.21euro Thats the Irish price, :)where this site is run from. ;)I dont know what the U.K. price would be. :p

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Redwing

Thanks for the reply. Maybe I will have to make a trip to Ireland for a pint. Did you ride today? I did had two tyres put on the wing today. and did 350 miles afterwards. I took the first 100 easy to scuff the new tyres. Ride safe.

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

coal wrote:
Redwing

Thanks for the reply. Maybe I will have to make a trip to Ireland for a pint. Did you ride today? I had two tyres put on the wing today. and did 350 miles afterwards. I took the first 100 easy to scuff the new tyres. Ride safe.
If you come to Ireland, :)you must bring your wing with you and see this beautiful country of ours. :DI will even buy you a pint in the local pub in the evening after riding all day. :cool: No spin on the wing today because the weather is just terrible. :XWhat brand of tyres did you fit on the wing.? ;)

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

I had the Dunlops fitted 180/6oR16 on the rear 130/70R18 on the front. Both dunlop D250s. They came with the GL so I am going to stick with them. I changed the oil today for the Synthetic 10w40, It is so hot over here This is the best for the temp ranges we get here in the south. I am getting the bike ready for The big trail of tears ride on the 18th of september. It is in rememberence of the Indiand when they were marched from Ross Landing in Chattanooga to Oklahoma. The ride starts in Chattaooga and ends in a little place called Waterloo Alabama. This is were the long knifes loaded them onto barges on the tennesee river. This year my mate and I will be joining the ride on Sunday the 19th. This ride will go to Oklahoma. It will take two days and they are expecting 200 bikes. The main ride on Saturday 18th will be estimated to have 130,000.00 bikes in it. We do not ride in it because it is too dangerous. We will just watch the bikes come into Waterloo on Saturday. If you everplan on coming to the states with your bike September is a good time to come. Well thats all for now talk later.

·
Premium Member
63 Posts
imported post

Wow, that would be some sight.. If you take any pics of the event it would be great for you to send them to the following site. www.goldwingireland.com and attach to the webmaster who you will find under cantacts on the home page. Look forward to seeing them. Ride Safe and be happy.

Matt

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
imported post

Heffo

I respect your opinion. but if poison tastes like Cafferys bring on the Poison. By the way I only drink when the bike is parked up for the night. Ride Safe!

·
The Irish Crew
1,248 Posts
imported post

When you are composing your message just click the attachment browse button under the main dialog box and browse to the picture on your hard drive. The picture must be less than 50kbs in size and also within 600 pixels width. Quite simple really.
If the picture is already housed on another web site you can just click the insert image button above the dialog box and just insert the URL of the image into the pop-up box that appears.This way it won't matter how big the image is.

·
Premium Member
224 Posts
imported post

the URL is the address of the picture on another web site. The instructions for all this are given in the FAQ section of this site, but to recap; If you want to show us a picture on another web site (instead of uploading one from your computer) just find the picture on the web, right click it and select properies from the grey box that appears. On the web address line just copy the address of the picure which will look something like http://www.blahblahblah.com and then paste that address into the "insert image" box here that pops up when you click the insert image icon above the message box where you type in your posts. The picture will appear when you post the message. If you can't do this, just give us the link to the web page where the image is and one of us can post it for you.

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
imported post

Blimey It works thanks mate you have cracked it. This was a picture of the beast just after I got it last march. Added a few practical extras no borboles. I wonder how I could make it bigger.

·
Premium Member
796 Posts
imported post

I was in Scotland many years ago and they had some very unusual and nice local brews, none of which I'd heard of before then.
I don't remember too much about that holiday...

·
Premium Member
2,137 Posts
imported post

Coors Brewing Company acquired the US distribution rights to Caffrey's in December, 2001 when they purchased UK based Carling Brewers who owned the rights previously. Sometime in 2002, after Coors purchased Caffrey's from Interbrew, it ceased importation of the beer into the US market. Coors decided that continued sale of Caffrey's in the US would interfere with the branding of Killian's as Coors's premier Irish brew. Many Irish bars around the US still have Caffrey's paraphernalia, but no longer sell the beer. Coors's decision to sell Killian's over the nitrogen charged Caffrey's in the US market allowed Diageo, makers of Guinness, to gain marketshare with its Smithwick's brew in Irish bars throughout the US. Caffrey's is still available in the United Kingdom & Canada.

·
Premium Member
2,137 Posts
imported post

Personally, I only drink local ales and beer and on occasion I'll brew my owns which I've done enough to get it right.
Once prop 19 passes I may brew again just to have a bit of home on the brew while Floyding

·
Premium Member
166 Posts
imported post

morram wrote:
Coors Brewing Company acquired the US distribution rights to Caffrey's in December, 2001 when they purchased UK based Carling Brewers who owned the rights previously. Sometime in 2002, after Coors purchased Caffrey's from Interbrew, it ceased importation of the beer into the US market. Coors decided that continued sale of Caffrey's in the US would interfere with the branding of Killian's as Coors's premier Irish brew. Many Irish bars around the US still have Caffrey's paraphernalia, but no longer sell the beer. Coors's decision to sell Killian's over the nitrogen charged Caffrey's in the US market allowed Diageo, makers of Guinness, to gain marketshare with its Smithwick's brew in Irish bars throughout the US. Caffrey's is still available in the United Kingdom & Canada.
Hmmm, I live right next to the bridge.

What is this caffery's ye' speak of.

I'm a trappiste ale man myself but don't mind a guinness once in awhile when I need something to chew on. ;p

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.