Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I place this ad last year and thought i'd post it again since the riding weather is around the corner.{ at least in texas..lol}
anyway,i am located in waco and have a place to camp for those who may need one if your are riding thru here. Might save you some money for other things....
I have a very large fenced in yard for a tent.. There is a bbq pit with charcoal ,ice chest with ice, small covered patio with table /chairs and a small portable fire place with fire wood:). If you do not have a tent i may be able to provide one and accs. 'if' i am not on the road using it.close to i-35 and hwy. 6.
If so,please call ahead of time!!
Ride safe!!
James garrett 254-722-6593

·
Premium Member
4,212 Posts
What was the overall response last year?
Have any takers?
Any problems?
Ice cold garden hose shower? :shock:

·
Premium Member
6,319 Posts
I remember the last time posted. I was gonna take you up on it but I never made it to Texas still, YET. LOL
Maybe this year?

·
Premium Member
1,238 Posts
that's a very nice and considerate offer

·
Premium Member
1,822 Posts
James, I too remember your post and generous offer from last year. Unfortunately the only time I got down Waco area was to visit an old Army buddy that I had not seen in 20 years in Salado and ended up crashing on his couch for a few days. He has moved to Temple now and if I get down that way this year, I will at least give you a shout.

:baffled: Hmmm now that I think about it, I have 3 weeks off in Feb and if the weather cooperates, I may ride down to the Dallas area for a week or so and visit my brother. If I do that, I may give you a shout and meet up for lunch or Coffee somewhere.:?

·
Friend of Bill W.
1,930 Posts
Great offer.

I just want to take a minute to put in a plug for the GWRRA (Goldwing Road Riders Association) They have the Gold book which lists members who offer things to other members of the GWRRA such as camping spots, trailer in case of break downs, tools,..... a host of things.

PM me if you have any questions.

·
Premium Member
1,822 Posts
Great offer.

I just want to take a minute to put in a plug for the GWRRA (Goldwing Road Riders Association) They have the Gold book which lists members who offer things to other members of the GWRRA such as camping spots, trailer in case of break downs, tools,..... a host of things.

PM me if you have any questions.
I have thought about joining the GWRRA just for the Gold book, but after some serious consideration on the subject. GWRRA is just not for me, not saying anything bad about the members, because I have met up with them in NM and some good ppl there. It just is not for me.

For those who have not checked it out though, We have our own little version of the Gold Book here on this site..
http://www.goldwingfacts.com/forums...rum/305995-ssgb-online-helpers-directory.html

·
Friend of Bill W.
1,930 Posts
I have thought about joining the GWRRA just for the Gold book, but after some serious consideration on the subject. GWRRA is just not for me, not saying anything bad about the members, because I have met up with them in NM and some good ppl there. It just is not for me.

For those who have not checked it out though, We have our own little version of the Gold Book here on this site..
http://www.goldwingfacts.com/forums...rum/305995-ssgb-online-helpers-directory.html
I understand completely. I don't go for the little vests and I don't attend all that many monthly meetings. I do enjoy going to the annual state meeting and I enjoy the monthly magazine.

Speaking of the magazine.... I usually just recycle it after reading it. If someone was interested in viewing the magazine, I would send it on my dime to ya for your review.

Their training is pretty good too. I have their Rescue Plus towing as well.

I have had fun meeting some very interesting members from afar using the Gold book. Many of these members offer a place to camp for the day just so they can share in your own adventure. I think we all like swapping stories.

No, I am not a recruiter. I have just had some good experiences with the GWRRA and willing to share those with those who are interested.

Now, back to the original posters subject. Sorry for the hijack.

·
Premium Member
270 Posts
Hey Larry, I've had two Gl1200s for a long time and have thought about joining the GWRRA. Could you send me a copy of the magazine to see? Thanks! John Farcher, 1110 Joseph Blvd. Saugerties, N.Y. 12477.

·
Premium Member
3,303 Posts
GWRRA members are wonderful people and the education is outstanding. However watch out for the politics and mandates plus abuse coming from their headquarters in Pheonix.
They are a private organization run by one man who dictates things the way he wants them to be, not a national organization run by the members like you would think.

·
Friend of Bill W.
1,930 Posts
GWRRA members are wonderful people and the education is outstanding. However watch out for the politics and mandates plus abuse coming from their headquarters in Pheonix.
They are a private organization run by one man who dictates things the way he wants them to be, not a national organization run by the members like you would think.
Yea, would of liked to do "overs" on the organization of it all, but the large gathering of goldwing owners makes up for their cronyism.

·
Friend of Bill W.
1,930 Posts
Hey Larry, I've had two Gl1200s for a long time and have thought about joining the GWRRA.
I sent you a PM. I have your address. I will send this newest edition to you as soon as I am done reading it.

By the way, the new Gold book came with it as well, but I am not sending that.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.