·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I've labored long and hard
for Goldwings,
Chrome and other riches,
but on my toes too long you've tread....
you Harley-riding
Sons-of- *******!

You rumble and you rattle
and y'roar,
through town and other places,
to listen to your engine throb, you'd think....
you'd done went and
won all the races!

But the place your bike seems
to fit the best,
while sounding like a John Deere bailer....
is on your shiny,
tavern-parked, silly-a***** lil' trailer!

·
Bruce County Boy/Snowbird
1,707 Posts
imported post

+ 1

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,206 Posts
imported post

:ROFL: :claps:

·
Slow Learner
1,485 Posts
imported post

CJ that is too funny! Now I will add first a disclaimer, then a comment. 1- ride what you want, I ain't paying for it so I don't care. 2- And this is a true story, it happened today at a gas station in North Dakota. The Hag and I met a couple from Wisconsin. The girl said they were from down by Milwaukee (Harley Country). She saw us riding a Goldwing and commented on how so many HDs are so loud and "rumbly" but mostly she sees them on trailers! I bit my lip and simply told her it's a sin to trailer a Wing and just look around and see what's being ridden and what's being towed, then decide for yourself.
'NUF SED.....

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts
imported post

·
Premium Member
256 Posts
imported post

Reminds of something else I read somewhere here - "what do a dog and a Harley have in common?"

They both like riding in the back of a truck.

I work with a bunch of guys most of whom have Harleys. One asked me this week if I would be interested in taking a trip with them out to Sturgis or somewhere there-abouts. (We work in Northeast Massachusetts). I said yes. He then went on to tell me he would be looking into having a company trailer all the bikes out. I said "What???, Did I hear you right?" I told him I would ride out on my Goldwing and meet them all out there. He looked shocked :shock: and puzzled :stumped:.

·
Premium Member
1,109 Posts
imported post

OK. I've had 3 Harleys, and none of them ever rode in a trailer! :raspberry:

One of them did ride in the back of a truck, but only because it was a basket case, and I had to get all the pieces home when I bought it!

So there! :raspberry: :raspberry: :raspberry:

(OK, the poem was funny! ;) )

·
Premium Member
1,735 Posts
imported post

well, I've only seen 2 wings in a trailer or in the back of a pickup. One of them was mine when I couldn't ride it because I had to drive the truck with my wing in the bed and my car on the trailer loaded with stuff and moving out here to VA. The other was in pieces and sitting next to a Harley. True story though, I rode my wing over to the local Harley dealer in Orange VA. They had a show of old bikes there and I wanted to take a look at them. They looked at me funny when I rode up and they asked me if I was going to trade up. I about fell over I was laughing so hard. I replied "nah, I'm just here to look at all the shiny chrome." A Harley is a thing of beauty just sitting in a garage or when someone else is riding it, but I'll take a wing over one any day.

·
Premium Member
6,947 Posts
imported post

:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

·
Premium Member
1,020 Posts
imported post

Cousin Jack wrote:
I've labored long and hard
for Goldwings,
Chrome and other riches,
but on my toes too long you've tread....
you Harley-riding
Sons-of- *******!

You rumble and you rattle
and y'roar,
through town and other places,
to listen to your engine throb, you'd think....
you'd done went and
won all the races!

But the place your bike seems
to fit the best,
while sounding like a John Deere bailer....
is on your shiny,
tavern-parked, silly-a***** lil' trailer!

·
Premium Member
1,822 Posts
imported post

:shock::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL: Thanks for the grin!! :claps::claps:

·
Premium Member
336 Posts
imported post

I saw 2 Wings on a trailer once. Both 1500's.

One had a generator problem (the rear wheel prevented the generator from turning) and the other one could only go left.

So basically, they don't count.

I loved the poem.

Dave.

·
Senior Moment Member
3,707 Posts
imported post

I loved the poem, but sadly my wing has been on a trailer. I had a large bulge in the Avon tire 60 miles from home on a 3,000 mile trip, so I would not trust the tire...nothing to do with the reliability of the wing.

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts
imported post

My wing has been on a trailer more than once and to tell you the truth I don't mind not taking the beating on the interstates when on the wing.

Also I can't ride my wing through the snow to get to Florida in the winter. I've rode most of this country on my wing and now I am trailering and enjoying the air conditioning, and real bed, and fridge, and cook top and micro wave. Gawd forbid!!! even television.:shock:

I'min no peeing contest with anybody:cheeky1:

Been there!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Done that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.