Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Today we received a very nice packet in the mail from agnogel, aka Peter, a packet of tourist materials and information from Ireland, especially County Kildare...... Lovely stuff! Thank you, sir.... and a consideration for the postageis coming your way!

Upon hearing that we are trying to cobble up a motorcycling trip to Ireland, Peter did this on his own, unbidden...... a gentleman he is, through and through. And quite an Ambassador for the forum. He is illustrative of the internationalspirit of motorcycling: Irish, Brit, Saudi, African, Aussie.... weall want to be out in the wind! Thank you, again, sir....

Red and I may hesitate on going this year..... the U.S. is still infinancial turmoil. Red has lost a third of her public school retirement funds, and I fully expect a cut in my retirement benefits...... might sit tight on what we have and ride it out! But we will get there someday, Peter, God Willing.... you can count on it!

·
Premium Member
6,097 Posts
imported post

They just want to get you in a pub telling stories over a pint of ale..:cheeky1:

And I can't really blame them..:waving:

·
Lost on this *****
4,317 Posts
imported post

I'm not surprised that someone would want to help you CJ. Your just so durned likable;)

Hats off to agnogel for his helping hand:cool:

CJ,,,,,, I really hope you and Red make that trip one day,,,, I really do;)

( cause it's gonna be a hell of a tale ):D

·
Premium Member
8,524 Posts
imported post

Sounds like real winner all the way around

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

Keep thinking positive CJ... just think, around February of last year, £1.00 would have been worth about $2.04 and today it is about $1.39, so it gets better for you guys every day at the moment. That dip in your pensions may not affect your plans and wishes as much as you think. :)I know things are tight over there as they are here, but keep thinking positive thoughts CJ , save those $$$'s and maybe even the plane tickets might start to come down... who knows!!:clapper:

A bike will be waiting for you here in the UK if you make it this far!!!:)

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
imported post

This is an awesome group of people! My friend Ed Wright (*******) sends me so many things from his bike trips in and around the UK. He and Joyce are friends we haven't met yet. His brother lives close to me in the Knoxville area so I am looking forward to meeting Ed when he visits. And I would love to tip a pint with everyone in an Irish pub! Good luck Mel!

Bernie

·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

Silverfox wrote:
Keep thinking positive CJ... just think, around February of last year, £1.00 would have been worth about $2.04 and today it is about $1.39, so it gets better for you guys every day at the moment. That dip in your pensions may not affect your plans and wishes as much as you think. :)I know things are tight over there as they are here, but keep thinking positive thoughts CJ , save those $$$'s and maybe even the plane tickets might start to come down... who knows!!:clapper:

A bike will be waiting for you here in the UK if you make it this far!!!:)
Thanks, SF......... when you boil it all down, we're just plumb scared! Red and I long ago decided to trade money, prestige, and power for freedom and the chance to be together more.... so we had public school careers! You get a lot of freedom, true, but your financial safety margin is razor-thin! Right now, we are waiting to see if our margin is big enough.... but we're not complaining, mind! There are a whole slug of people worse off than we.....

Just may not be enough in the "kitty" to go wandering off all over the world anymore!

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,171 Posts
imported post

agnogel is one very fine and sensitive person.

Back when Mardonna was just barely holding her own after the leg amputation, he mailed her a very nice book for her to read.

A wonderful package to receive and all the way from over the pond too... not a cheap thing to mail.

Kudos to Agnogel. Peter, you are one fine guy.

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

Agnogel sounds like one of those quiet unassuming characters who deserve more recognition than they get. Perhaps he should have his name changed slightly, to "Go Angel"!!! :clapper:(anagram of Agnogel if you hadn't spotted it!!:))

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.