Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Which tire is the best Dunlop? A 401 series or 404 Series?

Thanks,

nightrider1

·
Premium Member
527 Posts
imported post

dunlop e-3

·
Premium Member
2,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

I wish. I cannot afford those. I gotta get what I can. But adding this, I did not see the 100 x 90 x 19 in these on http://www.ridedirect.com/cart.php site. they got some darn good prices though! Someday though, I am going to get me a new set of white letter Dunlop Radials. Someday never comes though. Yesterday was, Today is, Tommorrow no one knows. Just save, save, and save.
Thanks,
David

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
imported post

I run 404's on my 1100. I just pulled the front of with 19,000 miles. Not even to the wear bars. I know it would havwe went 25,000 but I am rebuilding the entire front end so I replaced it. I get 10 to 12 thousand out of the rear 404. So basicly I run 2 rears to 1 friont. American Moto Tires seems to be my favorite place to buy them.

·
Old School Guru
7,887 Posts
imported post

Nightrider1 wrote:
I wish. I cannot afford those. I gotta get what I can. But adding this, I did not see the 100 x 90 x 19 in these on http://www.ridedirect.com/cart.php site. they got some darn good prices though! Someday though, I am going to get me a new set of white letter Dunlop Radials. Someday never comes though. Yesterday was, Today is, Tommorrow no one knows. Just save, save, and save.
Thanks,
David
David, the 80-81 should be using the 110x90x19. Also, if you can find a 82 wheel, use your brake rotors and install the 82 wheel, and you can use the 120x90x18 tire, which is easier to find. That is what I put on my 81, only I used a Bridgestone tire instead of the Dunflop which is even cheaper and drives better.:)

Gene:waving:

·
Banned
7,545 Posts
imported post

I think the 401 are the same tire as the 404 it just has HARLEY-DAVIDSON on the sidewall, I would have to scrape that off!

·
Premium Member
662 Posts
imported post

picasso wrote:
I think the 401 are the same tire as the 404 it just has HARLEY-DAVIDSON on the sidewall, I would have to scrape that off!
I have ran the 401's and 402's on my 3 Harley's for years with no problem's, And you can pick up new or newer " Harley " marked tires fairly cheap because most Harley rider's change out their new bike tire's right away for larger tires. But be careful scraping off the Harley name.:cheeky1:

Take Care - Jim

·
Premium Member
200 Posts
imported post

I wanted Elite II's or III's. I could afford the 404's. Next time I need tires, the 404's will do just fine...nothing wrong with 'em that I could find.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.