Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I picked up a qt of MMO today at Wal Mart, and I was wondering how long is it safe to leave in the fuel? What about the Qt in the engine to do a flush when i do my oil change in March, 09? Is sit safe to run 50 mile intervals, up to 200-300 miles? Or do you have to run the Wing Continusly 2-300 miles, at a low speed, then change the oil and fiter?

Thanks,

Nightrider1

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
imported post

Didn't have directions on the container????

Look it up on their website, if not.

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
imported post

mostly the old-wingers run it about 100-200 miles before an oil change, on occasion, to help clean up the sludge n the engine.... a few onces in the gas does help with winter prep, and I have noticed, when I end up with some "pining" gas, helps with that

·
Premium Member
2,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

Rudy,

It did, but not the specifics here. I hve looked through so many, and many conflict.

Thanks,

Nightrider1

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,152 Posts
imported post

As a fuel additive, use it for ever and ever as a valve guide lubricant. Also has some mild cleaning properties that are useful.

In the oil, you can do the same, but it is recommended to flush it out with a regular oil change as it is thinner than the regular oil.

I bought a diesel Suburban several years ago. The engine was missing terribly. It had sat for years without being started.

I poured in a gallon of MMO to 30 gallons of diesel fuel. Also poured in about 3 quarts to the engine oil. My diesel mechanic told me to drive it to Payson, AZ and back "like I stole it" which is 120 miles one way.

He was right. when I left home top speed was 40 mph with no willingness to get up and go.

By the time I started back home from Payson, it was running pretty good. By the time I was on the down wind stretch for the last 20 miles it was nudging 100 mph and had almost normal horsepower for the engine that it was.

I changed the engine oil and filthy isn't a good enough description for what came out. I dumped in another gallon of MMO in the fuel tank and filled it up.

Did the trick. It is good stuff.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.