Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Ok, I have a question. I need a piece of channel rubber that goes between the two halves of the false tankon my 84 Aspy. Anyone know where to get this stuff or something like it? I talked with the local dealer and they do not have any.

Also, I was working in the area by the handlebar clamps and droppeda tooland it went down in the vast unknown so in order to findit, I pulled the false tank off and half of the crap underneath it. Well, seeing how I have the bike tore down so far, I am going to install the harness while it is apart.

I also found that someone had rigged the coolant resivor. Apparently it had a small crack in the recessed area where the attach screw goes. Anyway, they filled the recessed area with white silicone and attached it back to the bike. When I removed the resivor the silicone came off and now I have a leak. I am going to attempt to repair it again so the bike will be down for at least 24 hours so that I can ensure that I don't have a leak.

Wish me luck!:cool:

·
Premium Member
702 Posts
imported post

It won't look pretty, but if you can find some of the ABS cement it should fix your reservoir. I got my cement for about $1.70 at a local Lowe's hardware store.

Jack

·
Premium Member
208 Posts
imported post

You can also try J.B.Weld. This stuff will work on just about anything..

·
Premium Member
3,938 Posts
imported post

Stick a Extension Magnet in the engine you might be surprised what comes out of there?

I agree with the "JB Weld", works on everything and every temperture!

I use the "JB Quick Weld" but it is quick, gets hard in about 3 minutes so you have to apply it quick and smooth it out fast!!!:clapper:

·
Premium Member
17 Posts
imported post

Got my halftank piece of plastic through bikebandit.com....I think it cost atound 6.00 us shipped to me!

·
Premium Member
3,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

dirtydawg84 wrote:
Got my halftank piece of plastic through bikebandit.com....I think it cost atound 6.00 us shipped to me!
They are showing DISCONTINUED on both pieces.

·
Premium Member
805 Posts
imported post

Just looked at "Parts Fish" they show 83105-MG9-000 as the rubber that separate the shelter halves in the front. Still available.

·
Premium Member
805 Posts
imported post

Oh by the way, the radiator reserve tank is also available for about 13 dollars P/N 19101-MG9-000

·
Premium Member
421 Posts
imported post

the radiator reserve tank is not pressurised so rtv silicone will work fine, use two coats.

·
Senior Guru
2,234 Posts
imported post

My 84 Wing used to have goop on the overflow tank to plug the leak and it sometimes leaked when the engine got very hot so I ordered another reservoir from Parts Fish. It took about 10 days to arrive at my doorstep and cost me $22. including shipping to Canada. They are excellent to deal with and the replacement tank looked like an original Honda item.

Vic

·
Premium Member
3,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
imported post

Wow, I learned somethigng new. I never knew of PartsFish.com. Very good site and I will be using it.

Did not get to install the harness. I cannot find the instruction sheet. Had it just the other day and now cannot find it.

It is probably with the 2 dozen right foot socks missing from the dryer over the years.:gunhead:

I have emailed for a new set of instructions.

·
Premium Member
3,938 Posts
imported post

No wonder my feet hurt, I've been wearing my right foot sock on my left??!!!:baffled:

Amazing what you learn here!:clapper:

·
Premium Member
1,148 Posts
imported post

The overflow tank is made of PolyStyrene and will not adhere to any silicone sealers for long.. I just heat weld them at the crack, or replace it if needed..

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
imported post

Take a look on Servicehonda.com. They haveyour tank spacer in stock for $2.68. Tryto order a few additional widgits that you might need while you're at it. Minimum shipping charge is 9 bucks, but they always seem to have the stuff that other parts houses don't.

TDS

·
Premium Member
3,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
imported post

Thanks for the replies. I have the rubbers on order.

Now for the harness. I called EC for replacement instructions. They have to come to me via snail mail unless I want to run over to somewhere that has a fax. I do not understand why they don't have the instructions in a Word document that they can just email. I asked this question and I was told that these instructions were wrote before they had a computer and no one ever took the time to put it into a format that they can email.

WAKE UP PEOPLE!!! WE ARE NOW IN THE AGE OF EMAIL!!!

Anyway, they were kind enough to read the instructions to me over the phone. I got about 1/2 way through the install and cannot remenber the rest. I guess I will have to wait until tomorrow and call again.

No riding tonight. :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying:

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
imported post

Go down to Roadrunner salvage they have those parts or at least they did when I was there about 2 weeks ago. You'll have to go upstairs and go to the north side of the room, also there are bins of parts under those tables

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
imported post

I dropped a key the same place and never found it. My mechanic found it when he pulled the motor to replace the stator several years later, it was sitting on top of the motor

·
Premium Member
3,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
imported post

Just like today, I went to pull the fuel filter and took the nut off for the bracket that holds the filter and the nut dropped. I saw it hit the top of the engine and I heard it hit two more times berore it came to rest but I never found it. I was out there for 2 hours with a mirror, flashlight and a magnet trying to find it. Finally gave up and went to Ace Hardware to get a replacement.

[align=center]There's another thing to join the instruction sheet and the 2 dozen right foot socks.[/align]
[align=center]:doh:[/align]

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.