Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

liquidplumber wrote:
Kinda new here and new to the "wing". so forgive me if this seems sort of silly but The RPM's on my811100I seem kinda high to me at cruising speed. Now I know that these bikes were made to run at higher RPM's but I just feel like I'm twisting the snot out of the poor thing trying to run at 60 mph. I was curious to see what RPM some of you that have similar "wings" were running at 60?

I don't have the heart to run her any faster than 60 for more than a second or two, it just feels like I'm going to kill her.
The 1100s were a good bit lower geared than some of the later versions but I've never heard of anyone blowing the rods loose running 80mph or better. These are strong mills.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

liquidplumber wrote:
Glester, you seem to know your wing. Got another question for you. Ive been looking for new chrome foot pegs to go on the wing to replace the old black crappy looking stock ones. I dont want floor boards, they are not my speed. Seems like I have seen them somewhere but I am not having any luck finding them. I went to wingthings site and ordered some levers and a shiny new kickstand but all they have are floorboard conversions. I would like to find new chrome PEGS for driver and passenger and also change my bolt on highway pegs to match whatever pegs I can find. any ideas? anyone?:cool:
Don't know if 1500 type pegs can adapt to the 1100 but here's Kuryakan's pegs:

http://www.wingworx.com/index.asp?PageAction=PRODSEARCH&txtSearch=rider%20pegs&Page=2

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.